Diploma Group 4 Sciences
Full-time 37.5 hours per week, Permanent
Salary Circa £42,000 per annum depending on experience
IB Assessment Centre, Cardiff, Hybrid working
Are you looking to work for a global organization with a meaningful mission? Would you like your professional skills to make a difference in the world? Do you want to work with colleagues all over the world who work together to achieve common goals? If so, then we may have the ideal opportunity for you as the International Baccalaureate is seeking a Subject Manager (Group 4 Sciences).
The post-holder will lead and manage the assessment of a portfolio of Science subjects selected from the following list:
- Nature of Science
- Marine Science
- Environmental Systems and Societies
- Sports Exercise and Health Science
For the subjects that they are responsible for, the successful applicant will be required to ensure reliability, accuracy and fairness in assessment. They will manage international teams of senior examiners and be responsible for all assessment related activities of these teams including examination paper authoring, standardization and grade award.
The post holder will also work closely with other departments of the IB particularly those within the Education directorate and will represent the IB at international conferences and events.
For designated subjects:
- Demonstrate leadership of a team of examiners, including senior examiners
- Lead authoring teams to produce high quality assessments
- Implement effective standardization processes and monitor the marking of assessment material
- Lead grade award meetings to ensure grades are awarded fairly
- Plan and manage expenses related to assessment for the designated subject(s), as appropriate
- Communicate with internal and external stakeholders any relevant information or advice on assessment related matters for the designated subject(s)
- Represent the assessment perspective in curriculum review
- A qualification at degree level, relevant to the subject manager’s designated subject(s)
- Significant and relevant post-qualification experience in educational assessment, teaching or research
- Excellent organizational skills with meticulous attention to detail and accuracy
- The ability to analyse and draw conclusions from statistical information
- Excellent writing skills in English (which is the working language of the organization)
- The ability to lead and work within a team and to foster a collaborative environment
- Competence in using standard office software (including Microsoft Word and Excel)
- A willingness to accommodate innovative ways of working with and using digital media
- The ability to manage multiple projects to agreed timelines
- The ability to present effectively for a variety of audiences and purposes
- The ability to work in French, Spanish, German, Japanese or Korean
- Experience in a similar role
- Experience in examining
Other Special Requirements:
Flexibility to work weekends during peak examinations sessions (May/June, November/December).
Applications to be accepted until 8 January 2022
We are committed to building a working environment that values respect, diversity, and compassion. The International Baccalaureate is proud to be an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified applicants.