Postdoctoral Position in Psychiatric Disorders
Professor Li Tao from Affiliated Mental Health Center, School of Brain Science and Brain Medicine, Zhejiang University, is looking for postdocs in her research group.
Introduction to the Research
- The etiology mechanism of common mental illnesses;
- Innovative technology development on clinical diagnosis and treatment;
- he investigation of biological phenotypes of diseases.
- Conducting clinical/basic clinical research on common mental disorders (Schizophrenia, Bipolar disorder and Major depression disorder, etc.).
- Conducting comprehensive analyses of the etiology and pathogenesis of common mental disorders from multiple perspectives such as brain structures & function, genetic, biochemistry, metabolism, etc.
- Promoting the development & clinical transformation of innovative drugs and clinical technologies.
Introduction to the Team
Professor Li Tao is the president of the affiliated Mental Health Center of Zhejiang University School of Medicine (i.e., Hangzhou Seventh People's Hospital), Qiushi Distinguished Professor of Zhejiang University, the winner of National Science Fund for Outstanding Young Scholars, and the principle investigators of national and international cooperation projects such as key projects of the National Natural Science Foundation of China. Professor Li has published more than 300 research papers in the top journals of the field, such as Nature Genetics, JAMA Psychiatry, and Molecular Psychiatry.
Professor Li’s team consists of doctors, post-doctors, clinical doctors and professional researchers from related research fields such as clinical medicine, neurobiology, epidemiology, bioinformatics and pharmacy. It is a multidisciplinary, complementary and thriving research team filled with enthusiastic scientific research atmosphere, which provides team members with a personalized and balanced platform for career development. The postdocs trained by our team are funded by NSFC and China Postdoctoral Science Foundation and hired by well-known universities & hospitals in China and oversea after the completion of the postdoctoral training.
We welcome doctors and researchers interested in clinical and basic research in mental illnesses with one of the following expertise to apply:
- Molecular genetics
- Biostatistics and/or bioinformatics technology
- Big data analysis
- Brain imaging and electrophysiological technology
- Molecular cell biology technology
- Drug design, synthesis, and development
- Population-based cohort study
In addition, we expect that the candidates have the following qualities:
- Being careful and responsible for work and having a good sense of team spirit;
- Having independent abilities in project design and solid skills in experimental operation and being able to independently conduct original research work under the guidance of the team leader;
- Having strong capacity for English reading, writing and communication.
Our team supports free scientific exploration, offering each postdoctoral fellow 150,000 yuan for free exploration of research projects. Outstanding candidates can be promoted to faculty members at Zhejiang University or be recommended to the world’s top laboratories for further study or be recommended to Hangzhou or other domestic teaching/affiliated hospitals to engage in clinical, scientific research or/and teaching work (with successful evaluation, they have the opportunity to work in Zhejiang University or Hangzhou Grade-A hospitals as an official researcher). In accordance with relevant rules of the State and Zhejiang University, extra bonus will be given to each candidate based on their actual capacity and work performance. The income will be between 250,000 and 380,000 RMB. Besides, endowment insurance, medical insurance, unemployment insurance, employment injury insurance, maternity insurance and housing provident fund are covered. The Affiliated Mental Health Center, Zhejiang University, School of Medicine (Hangzhou Seventh People’s Hospital) has the platform for clinical & basic research, drug development with mature technology and sufficient research resources & funds, which provides generous support for individual career development.
Interested candidates should e-mail a single pdf file consisting of a cover letter and CV to Prof. Li Tao at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "Postdoctoral position application + Name”. Thanks in advance for your interest.