Lecturer/Senior Lecturer, Innovation and Design
The Engineering Design and Innovation Centre (EDIC) at the National University of Singapore (NUS) is seeking educator-track or practice-track faculty members to lead and supervise multi-disciplinary projects at the undergraduate level. EDIC offers an exciting project-based learning programme which aims to achieve the outcomes of Engineering graduates of the future. It aspires to be the thought leader in design and innovation and wishes to attract top passionate educators who are excited by this opportunity.
NUS is a leading Asian and worldwide ranked University with a strong commitment to education and research. It ranks amongst the top 10 universities in Asia. EDIC is a centre within the Faculty of Engineering, whose mission is not only to educate students with a passion for innovations and enterprise but also to partner industry to develop applications using technologies that are derived from fundamental research at the Faculty. EDIC’s main education programme is called the Innovation and Design Programme (iDP).
More details about EDIC and the iDP can be found at https://www.eng.nus.edu.sg/idp/
Interested applicants are invited to send a detailed CV, contact details of at least 3 referees and the NUS Personal Data Consent for Job Applicants to :
Chairman, Search Committee (c/o Mr Desmond Chua)
Engineering Design & Innovation Centre
National University of Singapore
Block E2A, Level 4
Shortlisted candidates will be invited for interviews. Applications will be accepted until the available position is filled.
(a) PhD degree or equivalent in either Mechanical / Electrical / Computer Engineering or Biomedical Engineering,
(b) Strong passion in engaging and nurturing students and ready to take ownership of the projects. A demonstrated track record in leading bold and creative projects would be a definite advantage.
(c) Experience in at least one of the following areas:
- Strong skills in electrical / electronic firmware / mechanical design and development;
- Experience in developing mechanical systems related to vehicular technology eg autonomous vehicles, energy efficient vehicles, etc;
- Experience with battery technologies and power electronics
- Experience in software design and embedded systems.
- Experience in developing medical technology (devices, diagnostic kits, medical equipment, etc) and preferably has some ties to the medical fraternity in Singapore; and
- Experience with data driven design will be an added advantage.
- Strong appreciation for systems engineering.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Department : Dean's Office (Engineering)
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID : 6738