Research Assistant, Brain-Computer Interface/Sensory Perception
The RA will perform experimental work involving recording of neurophysiological signals (particularly electroencephalography - EEG) in the area of human olfactory perception. Additionally, they will be involved with data modeling and analysis work of the recorded neurophysiological signals, under a brain-computer interface paradigm, as well as statistical analysis of related behavioral data.
Specifically, the researcher is expected to:
- Be involved in planning and executing experimental and data analysis work associated with the project role.
- Effectively communicate conclusions and recommendations to the team.
- Contribute to drafting technical reports and scientific papers.
- Exemplify scientific integrity and teamwork
Work will be performed at the N.1 Institute for Health, National University of Singapore.
The candidate is required to:
- Hold an Masters degree in Biomedical Engineering, Statistics or Neuroscience.
- Have solid knowledge of programming languages knowledge (MATLAB, Python, R).
- Be familiar with machine learning tools and EEG data analysis (EEGLAB).
- Previous exposure to brain-computer interfaces and design of EEG experiments
- Familiar/previous experience with human sensory perception
- Work under pressure and meet deadlines.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: Life Sciences Institute
Department : Research & Programmes
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID : 8988