Associate Professor, Law
- Full-time, Continuing position
- Located at Melbourne (Bundoora) Campus
- Level D - $168,090 - $184,776 per annum including 17% superannuation
About the position
This position will develop, teach and coordinate subjects and courses that engage and motivate students whilst providing a high quality learning experience. Lead the development, design and review of curriculum and/or programs of student and encourage intellectual development and career aspirations of students. Conduct and lead outstanding innovative and high impact research and produce publications arising from the research.
Skills and Experience
To be considered for this position, you will have:
- Completed a PhD
- Demonstrated effectiveness and leadership in curriculum development and teaching with a proven commitment to excellence in teaching
- A record of attracting HDR students and successful supervision
- Evidence of effective contributions to leadership and management at the School and University level
- Distinguished record of nationally and internationally recognised independent research, with evidence of its impact and significance.
Please refer to the Position Description for other duties, skills and experience required for this position.
About La Trobe
La Trobe University’s success is driven by people who are committed to making a difference. They are creative and highly motivated, pursue new ideas and create knowledge. La Trobe is one of Australia’s research leaders, and the largest provider of higher education to regional Victoria. Our teaching and research address some of the most significant issues of our time and we’re passionate about driving change through operational excellence to benefit the communities we serve.
Please click on this link for a full list of Benefits http://www.latrobe.edu.au/jobs/working/benefits
How to apply
Closing date: Sunday, 9 January 2022 by 11:55 pm AEDST
Position Enquiries: Fiona Kelly, firstname.lastname@example.org
Recruitment Enquiries: email@example.com
Only candidates with full working rights in Australia may apply for this position.
In order to work onsite in higher education, TAFE, training and adult education settings, the Victorian Government requires workers to provide evidence to their employers that they are fully vaccinated with two doses of a COVID-19 vaccine or have a medical exemption evidenced by an authorised medical practitioner. This position will require the incumbent to work onsite.
Please submit an online application ONLY and include the following documents:
- Cover letter;
- An up to date resume; and
- A separate document addressing each essential and desirable bullet point in the Key Selection Criteria which is located in the position description.
Please scroll down to apply.
La Trobe Cultural Qualities:
We are Accountable, We are Connected, We are Innovative, We Care
La Trobe University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing a diverse, inclusive and respectful working environment for all staff. We offer flexible work arrangements that can assist you in balancing your work and other responsibilities.
La Trobe is proud to be a member of the Science in Australia Gender Equity (SAGE) Athena SWAN program to advance gender equality in academia.
All La Trobe University employees are bound by the Working with Children Act 2005. If you are successful, you will be required to hold a valid Victorian Employee Working with Children Check prior to commencement.