Lecturer in Diagnostic Radiography
- Full time continuing position
- An opportunity for a Lecturer in Diagnostic Radiography (Level B) to contribute to teaching and research in Medical Imaging Science within the Faculty of Medicine and Health
- Base Salary $110,856 + 17% superannuation
About the opportunity
The Sydney School of Health Sciences are seeking an academic who is passionate about improving health outcomes and health equity in the local, national and global communities through medical imaging sciences. The Lecturer should be recognised at a national level for expanding knowledge within Health Sciences, and will contribute significantly to the research, education and administrative endeavours for the Faculty of Medicine and Health.
Our ideal candidate is committed to teaching and research and is ready to contribute within Medical Imaging Science as part of a multi-disciplinary team at the Faculty of Medicine and Health. As a key Lecturer within the University you will apply your learnings through research and scholarly activity to inform education and research practice. We envision this role to make a significant contribution to teaching and learning practice, design and evaluation of Medicine and Health while continuing to build research contribution, expertise and impact.
The Lecturer will be working within the School of Health Sciences based at the Susan Wakil Health Building on the Camperdown campus.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- strive to enable outstanding teaching and learning outcomes
- contribute to the research, education and administrative activities of the discipline/ School/ Faculty
- contribute to a positive workplace culture within the School/Faculty
- ensure the School's alignment with the strategic direction of the University.
The University values courage and creativity; openness and engagement; inclusion and diversity; and respect and integrity. As such, we see the importance of recruiting talent aligned to these values and are looking for a Lecturer who:
- has a PhD in an academic field relevant to the discipline
- is eligible for registration as a Diagnostic Radiographer with the Medical Radiations Practice Board of Australia
- has a developing research profile evidenced by original, high-quality and independent research in medical imaging science and / or related fields of practice
- has a demonstrated understanding of the principles of diagnostic radiography including the scope of practice and professional competencies required for full registration as a 'Diagnostic Radiographer'.. Expertise will also be highly valued in the areas of computed tomography; magnetic resonance imaging; medical ultrasound; and fluoroscopy
- experience in teaching and learning, including demonstrated experience in designing, implementing and evaluating teaching and learning initiatives
- has a developing network of relationships with academic, consumer / advocacy, industry and / or professional organisations, partners and stakeholders
- has experience in supervising or mentoring others and/or coordinating team activities
- has a developing knowledge and understanding of the key strategic issues in medical radiations practice and the higher education sector.
Closing date for applications
11.59 pm, 16 January 2021
To keep our community safe please be aware of our COVID safety precautions, which form our conditions of entry for all staff, students and visitors coming to campus.
Please note: The University of Sydney will be closed from 24 December 2021 until 9 January 2022 inclusive.
Your employment is conditional upon the completion of all role required pre-employment or background checks in terms satisfactory to the University. Similarly, your ongoing employment is conditional upon the satisfactory maintenance of all relevant clearances and background check requirements. If you do not meet these conditions, the University may take any necessary step, including the termination of your employment.
The University of Sydney is committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications from people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; equity target groups including women, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTIQ; and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, are encouraged.
How to apply
Applications (including a cover letter, CV, and any additional supporting documentation) can be submitted via the Apply button at the top of the page. Please note, a cover letter is a required part of this application. Please upload your cover letter addressing the selection criteria into the Resume field in Workday.
For employees of the University or contingent workers, please login into your Workday account and navigate to the Career icon on your Dashboard. Click on USYD Find Jobs and apply.
For a confidential discussion about the role, to request a more detailed position description or if you require reasonable adjustment or support filling out this application, please contact Andria Bingham Recruitment Operations by email to email@example.com
Please include the job requisition number in all correspondence.
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment
Click to view the Position Description for this role.