Research Assistant, Transport Geography
We invite applications for a research assistant under the Social Science and Humanities Research (SSHR) Fellowship, led by Principal Investigator Dr Lin Weiqiang. Successful applicants preferably hold a Bachelor degree in the Social Sciences and Humanities. Interest in air transport, labour issues, automation, technology and migration are pluses, but not essential. Ideally, successful applicants are familiar with the NUS research environment. Successful applications must be able to conduct social science research interviews, and transcribe those interviews in either Mandarin Chinese or Bahasa Malaysia. The position will sit within the Department of Geography at NUS.
The job scope and responsibilities of the RAs are as follows:
- Provide able administrative and research support, including, but not limited to, documentary preparation for project-related applications (e.g. IRB, claims), organization of meetings and library research.
- Provide fieldwork support in terms of setting up overseas trips and interview recruitment.
- Assist in conducting interviews in Singapore and overseas. Willingness to travel is expected.
- Provide assistance in interview transcription, coding and data analysis.
- Assist in occasional workshop logistics (call for papers, invitations, accommodation booking etc).
- Support the PI and the team in any other research needs related to the project.
Contract will be awarded for 12 months in the first instance. The RA-ship is extendable after the first year subject to good performance. RAs will work closely with the SSHR Fellowship project team, including the PI, two project collaborators, one postdoc fellow and one PhD scholar.
Bachelors Degree in Social Sciences and Humanities
Location: Block AS2
Organization: National University of Singapore
Department : Geography