Senior Software Engineer
Location: 1 Guildhall Square
Salary: £39,739 to £50,296
Full Time Fixed Term (12 Months)
Closing Date: Sunday 02 January 2022
Interview Date: To be confirmed
Location: 1 Guildhall Square (Currently remote with future remote options)
As part of the Automation Services team, you will be supporting and designing systems and solutions that are essential to the University’s core operations.
You will take a leading role in the ongoing development of automated identity management solutions for forthcoming projects and other services such as CI/CD and infrastructure automation.
About the Role
We are looking for candidates who can demonstrate resourcefulness, initiative and understand the value of delivering reliable and stable services with clear and concise documentation. You will be working as part of a team of highly motivated individuals who are committed to achieving deadlines and customer satisfaction.
What you’ll do
- Development of our in-house automated identity management system
- Support and development of our CI/CD tools such as Octopus Deploy and TeamCity
- Development and support of other automation tools and services including infrastructure automation, monitoring tools and data automation
- Take a lead in making our infrastructure, interfaces, and tools more interchangeable and API-driven
- Champion the use of automation to enable iSolutions and the university to run services that are accurate, reliable, efficient, and more productive
- Take a leading role in the planning of major systems development, installations, and upgrades
- Act as a mentor to less senior technical colleagues, helping them to gain technical experience
What you’ll bring
The right candidate with have prior experience in building C#.NET applications and be comfortable with full stack development.
- Prior experience in C# & ASP.NET MVC
- Knowledge of MSSQL databases
- Good understanding of coding principles & core methodologies
- TypeScript, Vue
- Web services, APIs, gRPC
- Active Directory, Azure AD, MS Graph API
- Test Driven Development
- GitLab, Octopus Deploy, TeamCity
- Experience of prioritising security when developing and working with personal data
The University of Southampton promotes a healthy work life balance with generous holiday allowance 30+ days, defined benefit pension, flexi-time and flexible working, generous parental leave and childcare provision. For more information on our benefits, please visit our human resources pages.
At the University of Southampton, we are committed to our strategic principles of collegiality, quality, sustainability and global reputation. The University is committed to addressing equality issues and is a founding signatory of the Athena SWAN Charter, holding a silver-level Athena SWAN award.
You should submit your completed online application form at https://jobs.soton.ac.uk. The application deadline will be midnight on the closing date stated above. If you need any assistance, please call Hannah Farrance (Recruitment Team) on +44 (0) 23 8059 2507. Please quote reference 1622121JF on all correspondence.