Lecturer, Social Work and Human Services
- Full-time, Continuing position
- Salary Level Academic Level B + 17% Superannuation and Flexible Working Arrangements
- Based at the Melbourne CBD campus, but may be required to work and/or be based at other campuses of the University
As a Lecturer (Social Work & Human Services), you will be responsible for carrying out teaching activities within undergraduate and postgraduate programs in Social Work and Human Services, along with maintaining and advancing yourr scholarly, research and professional capabilities.
The role will also be responsible for actively promoting the program by developing and maintaining memberships, affiliations, and partnerships with academic, industry, and professional communities.
In addition, you will be required to collaborate with other academics in the teaching team, as well as keep colleagues and students up to date on advancements in their subject area or specialisation.
To be successful in this position, you'll have:
- PhD or equivalent in relevant field
- Completion of the Essentials in Tertiary Teaching Practice program or equivalent(1)(if the appointed candidate does not meet this requirement at the time of appointment, they will be supported to complete this as a requirement to fulfil their probation).
- Ability to prepare, deliver and administer programs at undergraduate and post-graduate levels, including online delivery, and the ability to produce high-quality curriculum or program materials.
- Ability to undertake course coordination.
- Capacity to work effectively with and negotiate sensitively with students, especially on issues related to effective learning.
- Emerging track record and recognition for quality research outputs which will contribute to existing Discipline and School research areas evidenced by publications, development of new research initiatives, competitive research funding, and industry links.
- Capability to supervise higher degree by research candidates.
- Ability to build effective networks with colleagues and generate alternative funding projects through effective liaison with industry and government.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills appropriate for interacting with higher degree by research candidates, staff and industry, together with a strong commitment to teamwork and multidisciplinary collaboration.
- Eligibility for membership of the Australian Association of Social Workers.
Please Note: Appointment to this position is subject to passing a Working with Children Check.
About the School
Located in the heart of Melbourne on RMIT's City Campus, the School of Global, Urban and Social Studies is one of RMIT's largest schools. The School's vision is to contribute to a just and sustainable world, and to deliver education, training and research.
Please submit your CV and covering letter addressing the Key Selection Criteria for this position by clicking on the 'Apply' link below. For further information about this position, please see Position Description below or contact Associate Professor Robyn Martin up until 17 December 2021 (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Dr Chris Maylea between 20 December 2021 and 7 January 2022 (email@example.com)
Applications close on 9th January 2022 at 11:59 pm.
The COVID-19 Mandatory Vaccination (Workers) Directions, made under the Public Health and Wellbeing Act 2008 (Vic) and as amended and replaced from time to time (Directions), affect all persons employed or engaged to perform work by RMIT.
As such, offers of employment from RMIT are conditional upon the applicant being fully vaccinated against COVID-19, partially vaccinated with a booking for a further dose by 26 November 2021 or medically exempt and providing satisfactory evidence of the same. You can access the Directions here: https://www.dhhs.vic.gov.au/victorias-restriction-levels-covid-19.
We are a 2021 Circle Back Initiative Employer - we commit to respond to every applicant.
(1) Equivalence is defined in the exemption criteria at http://www.rmit.edu.au/browse;ID=3sdrya7u8m9v1