Strategy, Planning and Performance
- Full-time, ongoing appointment
- Salary range: Level 6: $83,005 - $87,723 p.a. plus 17% superannuation
- 2 positions available
The University of Western Australia (UWA) is ranked amongst the top 100 universities in the world and a member of the prestigious Australian Group of Eight research-intensive universities. With an enviable research track record, vibrant campus and working environments, supported by the freedom to ‘innovate and inspire’ there is no better time to join Western Australia’s top University.
About the team
The Strategy, Planning and Performance (SPP) division leads the development and maintenance of university wide integrated strategic plans, planning processes, initiatives and performance requirements to support the University in the achievement of its objectives and enhance the University’s overall performance and reputation.
The Division will also coordinate the provision of timely and accurate business intelligence, information and reporting to support effective planning and decision making across the University.
About the opportunity
As the appointee you will, under general direction, support in producing analytics and business intelligence services that provide clarity of performance and insights to support decision making.
To be considered for this role, you will demonstrate:
- Relevant tertiary qualification, preferably in Data Science or Computer science or demonstrated equivalent competency
- Extensive relevant analytics experience at an appropriate level
- Knowledge of Oracle Hyperion, Essbase, and preferably Oracle Data Integrator (ODI)
- Substantial experience in administration of Oracle Hyperion platform, including metadata maintenance, security roles and access management, job scheduling, reports writing, and performance monitoring
- Experience with a variety of analytics and visualisation tools such as Python, Power BI, SQL, Excel
- Ability in creating and maintaining Hyperion data loading and integration process
- Experience in a client facing analytical role and stakeholder engagement, and excellent written and verbal communication skills
You will be highly organised with the ability to work independently, show initiative and exercise judgement. You will demonstrate strong interpersonal skills and work productively as part of the Strategy, Planning and Performance team.
Full details of the position's responsibilities and the selection criteria are outlined in the position description. Please see the position description prior to applying.
You are required to address the selection criteria in your submission in a separate document. For information to assist you with compiling statements to answer the selection criteria, please visit Addressing the selection criteria.
Closing date: 11:55 PM AWST on Sunday, 9 January 2022
This position is only open to applicants with relevant rights to work in Australia.
Application Details: Please apply online via the Apply Now button.
Our commitment to inclusion and diversity
UWA is committed to a diverse workforce. We celebrate inclusion and diversity and believe gender equity is fundamental to achieving our goal of being a top 50 university by 2050.
- We have child friendly areas on campus, including childcare facilities. Flexible work arrangements, part-time hours and job sharing will all be considered.
- UWA has been awarded Bronze Employer Status for being a Top Ten Employer for LGBTI Inclusion by the Australian Workplace Equity Index (AWEI -2021).
- UWA has also been awarded Athena Swan Bronze Accreditation in 2020.