Placement Coordinator, Clinical Psychology
Work type: Continuing
Division/Faculty: Faculty of Medicine, Dentistry and Health Sciences
Department/School: Melbourne School of Psychological Sciences
Salary: $107,547 - $127,707 (Level B)
Role & Superannuation rate: Academic - Part time - 17% super
Founded in 1853, the University of Melbourne is Australia’s #1 university and is consistently ranked amongst the leading universities in the world. We are proud of our people, our commitment to research and teaching excellence, and our global engagement.
About the Melbourne School of Psychological Sciences
The Melbourne School of Psychological Sciences is one of six schools within the Faculty of Medicine, Dentistry and Health Sciences. It is consistently ranked one of the top Schools of Psychology in Australia and was ranked 17th in the world in the 2020 QS global rankings. The School is undergoing vigorous growth and attracts some of the best students nationally and internationally to its broad range of APS accredited undergraduate, graduate, professional, and research programs.
About the Role
The incumbent will have responsibility for coordinating the external clinical placements for all UoM postgraduate clinical psychology training programs. Working under the direction of the Director of the Clinical Program, a principal responsibility is to ensure that all Clinical Psychology students have a range of appropriate placement experiences and are able to meet the placement requirements of the program. The incumbent will be required to establish and maintain relationships with external agencies to secure and monitor clinical placements for students enrolled in courses within the Melbourne School of Psychological Sciences
In a typical week at work, you may:
- Work in conjunction with senior staff in the Clinical Psychology program to develop an individual plan for the supervised practice of each student.
- Work closely with students on establishing priorities and needs in relation to placement arrangements, and liaise with them during their placements.
- Maintain an academic profile, including research, consistent with the time fraction of the appointment.
- Assist with the maintenance of a network of clinical psychologists registered as supervisors of higher degree students with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency.
Your excellent interpersonal skills will allow you to liaise effectively with people from within the Melbourne School of Psychological Sciences, as well as people more broadly within the organisation, and practicing external psychologists. You will be a team player, able to make valuable contributions to the group, and through your excellent organisation skills will be able to juggle multiple tasks at once, ensuring a high quality of work is completed within varying deadlines.
Ideally, you will further have:
- National registration (or eligibility for registration) as a Psychologist with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency
- A PhD in Clinical Psychology, or equivalent level of qualification
- Registration as a supervisor with the Psychology Board of Australia
- Endorsement as a clinical psychologist with the Psychology Board of Australia
- Ability to travel to clinical placement sites for visits
Benefits of Working with Us
In addition to having the opportunity to grow and be challenged, and to be part of vibrant campus life, our people enjoy a range of rewarding benefits:
- Flexible working arrangements and generous personal, parental and cultural leave options
- Competitive remuneration, 17% super, salary packaging and leave loading
- Free and subsidised health and wellbeing services, and access to fitness and cultural clubs
- Discounts on a wide range of products and services including Myki cards and Qantas Club
- Career development opportunities and 25% off graduate courses for staff and their immediate families
To find out more, please visit https://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers.
Be Yourself @ UoM
We recognise that our employees are at the core of all our successes and achievements. We value the unique backgrounds, experiences and contributions that each person brings to our community, and we encourage and celebrate diversity. We promote inclusive behaviour, and we actively seek to learn from each other. Indigenous Australians are strongly encouraged to apply for our roles.
If you feel this role is right for you, please submit your application including a brief cover letter, your resume and your responses against the selection criteria* (found in the Position Description) for the role.
*For information to help you with compiling short statements to answer the selection criteria and competencies, please go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/selection-criteria
Should you require any reasonable adjustments with the recruitment process,
please contact the Talent Acquisition team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Position Description: 0033234 Placement Coordinator Clinical Psychology.pdf
Applications close: 09 Jan 2022 11:55 PM AUS Eastern Daylight Time