Applicants must provide evidence of their right to work in the UK as BPP is unable to provide visa sponsorship
Job Profile IT - Infrastructure
Contract Type Permanent
The Collaboration Engineer will become an integral part of the BPP IT Infrastructure Team supporting day-to-day business-as-usual operations, current and future infrastructure project initiatives.
The Collaboration Engineer will define, implement, uphold and maintain Azure apps, Active Directory, Azure Active Directory, Office 365, cloud services and all the supporting technology such as AAD Connect, SharePoint, Exchange, ADFS, Teams and O365.
The role is a third line engineering role and as such is the highest point of internal escalation responsible for acting on all technical requests, projects, and strategic initiatives, for technologies related to this profile. Additional responsibilities include routine contact with appropriate IT and non-IT personnel from the BPP all group of companies. As needed, individual will act as expert level resource on reported incidents in the client environment including mentoring and the training of internal IT staff.
Hybrid - Home and Liverpool Street, London office based
Occasional travel and up to 1 week away from normal place of work
- To lead/facilitate meetings and conduct presentations to technical and business staff
- To communicate technical concepts and proposals into understandable and justifiable business initiatives.
- To participate in the definition of specific technical design, product selection, device standardization.
- To proactively implement, update, maintain, manage, monitor, and support enterprise systems infrastructure.
- To perform change control on all Identity and Messaging infrastructure.
- To help lead IAM architecture and design initiatives with full documentation to ensure consistency, accuracy, and supportability.
- Maintains technical overview of client environment. This includes (but is not limited to) incident / problem tracking, and ensuring junior engineers maintain delegated tasks in kind by mentoring and both technically and professionally. Research problem information to proactively identify trends and potential sources of new problems while preventing the replication of issues within the environment. Acts as SME for escalated issues and questions from ITOC and BPP IT Team members.
- Through continuous review, ensures all open incidents for BPP are being worked to resolution; escalates any aged issues to management as needed displaying a sense of ownership and accountability. Works with clients to understand the business needs of clients to create solutions to fit their needs.
- Primary driver for development and delivery of project / BAU activity within the environment
Department Technology - Infrastructure
Vacancy location UK, London, London Liverpool Street
It is essential that candidates possess the following skills and competencies
- Achieving Results – Be aware of key business objectives and ensure these are applied appropriately to all business activities.
- Building Relationships – Able to develop effective relationships with all BPP and client staff and be recognised as providing a supporting role.
- Commercial and Business Awareness – Able to balance the financial, quality, people and customer expectation related risks.
- Customer Focus (internal & external) – Able to anticipate and understand customer expectations and ensure customer requirements are met and expectations appropriately managed. Able to build partner relationships with customers and focus on solving their problems.
- Communication – Effective communication skills suitable for the management of and liaison with departmental staff and senior management, both on a one to one and one to many, basis. Demonstrate effective communication, both orally and in writing, with subordinates, colleagues, clients and customers including producing reports, preparing, organising and delivering presentations using appropriate tools and techniques, and taking a leading role in meetings and discussions.
- Planning and Organising
- Active Directory Domain Services
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2013
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012
- ADFS 3.0 and 4.0
- Forefront Identity Manager 2010 R2/ Microsoft Identity Manager
- AWS, AZURE
- DHCP, DNS, IP, TCP, SMTP
Contract Hours 37.50