Postdoctoral Fellow, School of Economics
- Full Time | Contract
- Singapore | Closing On 31 Dec 2021
Contract ending 31 October 2024
Singapore Management University is a place where high-level professionalism blends together with a healthy informality. The 'family-like' atmosphere among the SMU community fosters a culture where employees work, plan, organise and play together – building a strong collegiality and morale within the university.
Our commitment to attract and retain talent is ongoing. We offer attractive benefits and welfare, competitive compensation packages, and generous professional development opportunities – all to meet the work-life needs of our staff. No wonder, then, that SMU continues to be given numerous awards and recognition for its human resource excellence.
- Design simulation studies, including specifying data generating process, identifying benchmark methods for comparison.
- Writing the computer code to implement the new method and benchmark methods, checking the computational efficiency.
- Implementing the algorithms, analyzing the simulation results.
- Applying the algorithms to real data and analyzing the empirical results.
- PhD in statistics, data science, or computer science.
- Strong programming skills in R or Python is required.