Data and Customer Insight Officer
The Data and Customer Insight Officer post is an exciting opportunity to join the recently established Community Experience Team in Business Services, Directorate of Estates & Facilities (E&F). Community Experience support the directorate’s strategic aim to deliver trusted, responsive and reliable services that enable the King’s community to make the world a better place.
We are looking for an individual who will bring together a passion for excellent customer service with the use of data to encourage and support the variety of teams across E&F make meaningful service improvements for our staff, students and visitors. The post holder will report into the Fit for King’s Manager and work alongside the Fit for King’s Administrator. Fit for King’s is a customer service and workplace culture improvement programme which all of E&F staff take part in. The post holder will work alongside a team who try to lead the ethos of this programme by example.
You will seek out existing channels of feedback as well as facilitate further opportunities to gain customer insight and provide support to relevant teams to review and make recommendations for change. This role will have responsibility for the existing central E&F customer feedback form and the staff suggestion scheme.
Confident in PowerBI, the role holder will be able to collate data but also articulate a narrative to help others interpret that data. This includes hosting regular meetings and events to focus on customer insight, discussing trends and net promoter score.
The role holder will also work collaboratively with colleagues on the Campus Maker Training which takes place at the start of each academic year, ensuring E&F staff are able to help welcome new students to campus.
This is a great opportunity to join a team committed to improving customer experience through a range of exciting initiatives. The role holder will work especially closely with Fit for King’s Centre Leads; representatives from each team in the directorate who champion the Fit for King’s Programme and with colleagues in the Community Experience Team who look after other facets of the programme.
King’s has five campuses in central London consisting of more than 100 buildings ranging in age from the 1780s to the current day. Many are listed and of great architectural significance. The campuses house a diversity of spaces, including teaching and learning environments, cutting edge research facilities, two chapels, cafes and restaurants, gyms and student residences.
The Estates & Facilities (E&F) team employs more than 800 people with a vast range of expertise and skills, operating and maintaining facilities and providing services across each of these sites to ensure King’s remains one of the world’s top universities
This post will be offered on an indefinite contract.
This is a full-time post.
- Collating, analysing and interpreting service improvement data from across the directorate
- Sharing data with colleagues in a variety of roles; to ensure operational consistency and to allow teams to plan strategically
- Inspiring and supporting others to turn feedback into opportunities to improve services
- Working with Fit For King’s Centre Leads on their Termly Improvement Plans
- Responsibility for the administration and engagement of a centrally coordinated E&F Customer Feedback form
- Leading regular customer insight meetings with representation from across the directorate.
- Attending stakeholder engagement meetings organised locally by other E&F Teams, such as building user group meetings.
- Supporting work by other colleagues that improves the customer experience, such as audits on sustainability, safety, or Equality, Diversity & Inclusion
- Taking part in the Fit For King’s annual Review, providing the team with data to reflect on the past year and plan for the year ahead
The above list of responsibilities may not be exhaustive, and the post holder will be required to undertake such tasks and responsibilities as may reasonably be expected within the scope and grading of the post.
Skills, knowledge, and experience
1. Experience using customer feedback to make service improvements
2. Experience in creating and maintaining Power BI Dashboards
3. Confident speaker and presenter, with excellent written and spoken English
4. Able to encourage and inspire others to achieve great results
5. Adaptable communicator, able to engage well with a variety of people
6. Confident in using Microsoft Office tools – especially Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Forms, Teams and SharePoint
7. Proven commitment to ongoing professional development
8. Ability to multi-task and prioritise tasks with minimal supervision
1. Experience in Higher Education and/or Estates & Facilities
2. Lean Six Sigma Green Belt or similar
3. Experience of Customer Service Excellence Accreditations