Lecturer/Senior Lecturer, Residential College
About Residential College 4
Residential College 4 (RC4) is a vibrant “Live & Learn” community with about 600 NUS undergraduates from various disciplines.
The mission of RC4 is to integrate academic and personal life in a residential setting to develop systems thinking using interdisciplinary issues, foster all round student development through in- and out-of-class learning experiences, and nurture a spirit of concern and care in students for all living beings and the environment.
The appointee will assume the role of Lecturer/Senior Lecturer for the teaching of modules offered by the College, specifically on the theme of Systems Thinking and System Dynamics applied to natural, social or technological phenomena.
Teaching in the College is conducted in small group seminars for first and second year undergraduates. Each inter-disciplinary module may focus on a specific area such as energy, environment, health care, economics, social development, etc, but collectively they have in common the aim of helping students develop critical and informed perspectives on real world complex issues through the lens of qualitative and quantitative systems thinking and system dynamics.
We are particularly interested in faculty members who are interested in using impactful, student-centred pedagogies. The appointee is also expected to take on leadership role in the college's academic and student life programming, including advising and mentoring students in various living and learning activities.
- Have a PhD; at least 1 year's relevant teaching experience will be a plus
- Enthusiasm and aptitude for inter-disciplinary teaching
- Keen interest in mentoring/interacting with students
- Awareness of impactful, student-centred pedagogical approaches with an interest to engage in the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning
- Motivated and comfortable in working independently & as part of a team
Applicants should apply online via NUS Careers webpage at: https://www.nus.edu.sg/careers/ (Academic and Research Positions). Please submit a letter with a brief description of your background (mention in particular your capability and experience in systems thinking and system dynamics) and reasons for your interest in this position, and a detailed curriculum vitae with the following:
- personal particulars
- academic history
- employment history
- documents relating to education (including teaching philosophy and experience in inter-disciplinary teaching)
- documents relating to research
- documents relating to service activities and impact, if any
- the names and contact details of three referees (may include candidate’s main PhD supervisor)
Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. We welcome you to join us!
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: Residential College 4
Department : Teaching
Job requisition ID : 8925