Assistant Professor, Department of General and Russian Linguistics
Department: Department of General and Russian Linguistics
Faculty: Philological Faculty
Employment: Full-time (1)
Requirements to the candidate
- theory and methods of educational systems management;
- procedure for development of curricula;
- fundamentals of pedagogy, physiology, psychology;
- methodologies of teaching and vocational education;
- modern forms and methods of teaching;
- methods and ways of using educational technologies, including distance learning;
- requirements to work on personal computers, other electronic and digital devices, including those intended for information transfer.
The position of assistant professor of the department is assigned to a person who possesses the following criteria:
- higher education (specialist's degree, master's degree), the direction (profile) of which, as a rule, corresponds to the taught academic subject, course, discipline (module), and (or) corresponding to the profile of scientific and educational activities of the department (educational department);
- PhD - academic degree of a Candidate (doctor) of Sciences (except teaching the educational programs in the field of art, physical education and sports);
- experience of scientific and pedagogical work not less than 3 years in a leading university or scientific organization (The leading universities are universities rated not lower than the Top 400 in the world rankings ARWU, QS, THE.);
- in the presence of an academic title – no work experience is required
- in case of non-compliance of education field of study (profile) with the curriculum, discipline (module) or profile of the department (education department) – corresponding work experience in the field of the curriculum, discipline (module) and (or) profile of the department (education department) is required;
- At least 5 publications in journals indexed in the Web of Science/Scopus database within the previous 2 years, including not less than 2 in journals Q1/Q2 Web of Science/Scopus or publication of a monograph published in a foreign publishing house, at least 3 publications (at least 1 of them in Q1 journals indexed by Web of Science, Scopus database) for the last 2 years;
- Proficiency in English not lower than C1;
- h-index: at least 2.
Working conditions (job description, KPI)
- organize and carry out educational and methodical work according to the taught discipline or separate types of education sessions;
- participate in the research work of the department and other divisions of the educational institution;
- participate in the development of manuals, laboratory work, workshops, seminars;
- organize and plan methodological and technical support of education sessions;
- engage with students in the scope of general issues and professional orientation of their research works;
- participate in seminars, meetings and conferences, other activities of the educational institution organized within the framework of the research areas of the department.
- Full-time (not less than one semester);
- Salary level (at 1.0 rate) ~ 95 000 RUB (~ 1390$, gross, tax is 30% during first 182 days of continuous employment; subsequently tax is 13%) + bonuses;
- Employment contract in the form of an effective contract;
- Publication of at least 2 scientific works per year in journals indexed by Web of Science, Scopus;
- Bonuses for exceeding the performance of conditions of the effective contract;
- Work schedule (at 1.0 rate) - 6/1 (36 hours per week, 144 hours per month);
- Teaching load – not less than 15% of the total work time;
- Availability of business trips – possible.
Accommodation at RUDN
For the full term of the employment contract, invited scientists who passed the competitive selection are provided with a campus apartment of the University.
According to local documents of the University, the deadline for submitting applications for vacant positions of teaching staff is one month from the date of posting information on the website of RUDN.