Manager, School Operations
- Unique opportunity to support the transformation of academic support services across the University
- Two, full-time, ongoing appointments
- Salary range: Level 9 $117,049 - $123,858 plus 17% superannuation
The University of Western Australia (UWA) is ranked amongst the top 100 universities in the world and a member of the prestigious Australian Group of Eight research-intensive universities. With an enviable research track record, vibrant campus and working environments, supported by the freedom to ‘innovate and inspire’ there is no better time to join Western Australia’s top University.
About the team
College Services provides academic and technical support services to the University’s schools. The team is committed to providing effective and efficient services in support of the Schools’ and University’s strategic objectives, with a focus on continuous improvement and best practice. The Schools Operations team provides academic support services and general administrative support to the University’s Schools.
About the opportunity
You will take a significant role in leading and managing the administrative support services provided to Schools, in support of their operations and teaching programs. You will also manage a team of professionals ensuring adequate ongoing training, career progression, succession and development and providing key operational planning and direction. Further, you will have a significant role in establishing and influencing policies, processes, systems and work practices for the effective and efficient delivery of services, leading continuous improvement initiatives to ensure the efficient functioning of the college operations unit.
You will manage a team of School Operations and Teaching Operations staff to deliver academic and operational services to a group of the University’s schools;
To be considered for this role, you will demonstrate:
- Relevant tertiary qualification or demonstrated equivalent competency (Postgraduate qualification is desirable)
- Substantial and extensive management experience and expertise with the demonstrated ability to develop, manage and allocate resources
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and high-level consultation and negotiation skills
- Excellent planning and organisational skills with the demonstrated ability to contribute to long term planning and key strategic direction
- Demonstrated ability to supervise staff and provide career progression, succession and development
- Proficiency in a range of computing skills including word processing, spreadsheets, databases, internet and email
- Ability to work independently, show initiative and manage 09a substantial area
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage teams and projects
Full details of the position's responsibilities and the selection criteria are outlined in the position description. Please see the position description prior to applying.
You are required to address the selection criteria in your submission in a separate document. For information to assist you with compiling statements to answer the selection criteria, please visit Addressing the selection criteria
Closing date: 11:55 PM Sunday, 12 December 2021
This position is only open to applicants with relevant rights to work in Australia.
Application Details: Please apply online via the Apply Now button.
Our commitment to inclusion and diversity
UWA is committed to a diverse workforce. We celebrate inclusion and diversity and believe gender equity is fundamental to achieving our goal of being a top 50 university by 2050.
- We have child friendly areas on campus, including childcare facilities. Flexible work arrangements, part-time hours and job sharing will all be considered.
- UWA has been awarded Bronze Employer Status for being a Top Ten Employer for LGBTI Inclusion by the Australian Workplace Equity Index (AWEI -2021).
- UWA has also been awarded Athena Swan Bronze Accreditation in 2020.