Senior Online Education Designer
- Full-time, Fixed Term contract for 2 years
- Location Independent - Located at Melbourne (Bundoora) campus or any other Regional Victorian campuses or remote work from home.
- $99,120 - $113,347 per annum + up to 17% superannuation
About La Trobe
La Trobe University’s success is driven by people who are committed to making a difference. They are creative and highly motivated, pursue new ideas and create knowledge. La Trobe is one of Australia’s research leaders, and the largest provider of higher education to regional Victoria. Our teaching and research address some of the most significant issues of our time and we’re passionate about driving change through operational excellence to benefit the communities we serve.
The incumbent will have a role in assuring the effective delivery of online education projects and activities within the University’s major strategic educational renewal program: Clever Learning. The position also works closely in a matrix team structure with staff from across the University including Colleges and Schools, Student Services and within the portfolio of the Deputy Vice-Chancellor Education, including Quality and Standards, the Library, and the Clever Learning program.
About the position
The primary purpose of this position is to:
- Design and deliver high quality, best-practice quality online course and curriculum design support to schools.
- Design, coordinate and deliver high quality professional development in online pedagogy and design.
- Anticipate support needs of Schools and provide expert advice on online curriculum design and delivery.
- Make effective use of quality assurance processes, schedules and reporting to support schools to manage the local development of online education programs.
- Contribute to the development and delivery of educational recognition programs.
Skills and Experience
- A degree with substantial extension of relevant knowledge and skill through professional experience, or an equivalent combination of relevant knowledge, training and/or experience. For an academic appointment, demonstrated scholarship in the field.
- Demonstrated capability in the effective design and delivery of effective online education in the tertiary education environment to achieve a rich student experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of a wide range of models of online education and user-centred design practice, and their application in teaching contexts.
- Demonstrated capacity to work quickly to problem solve, develop and implement effective and accountable plans for project delivery, and to manage priorities in a matrix team environment.
All La Trobe University employees are bound by the Working with Children Act 2005. If you are successful, you will be required to hold a valid Victorian Employee Working with Children Check prior to commencement.
Please click on this link for a full list of Benefits http://www.latrobe.edu.au/jobs/working/benefits
How to apply
Closing date: By 11:55 pm Wednesday 15th December 2021
Position Enquiries: Associate Professor - Jay Cohen, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
HR/Recruitment Enquiries: Email: email@example.com
Only candidates with full working rights in Australia may apply for this position.
Please submit an online application ONLY and include the following documents:
- Cover letter;
- An up to date resume; and
- A separate document in bullet point format briefly addressing each Key Selection Criteria bullet point which is located in the position description.
Please scroll down to apply.
La Trobe Cultural Qualities:
We are Accountable, We are Connected, We are Innovative, We Care
La Trobe University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing a diverse, inclusive and respectful working environment for all staff. We offer flexible work arrangements that can assist you in balancing your work and other responsibilities.
La Trobe is proud to be a member of the Science in Australia Gender Equity (SAGE) Athena SWAN program to advance gender equality in academia.