Team Leader, Curriculum Data and Reporting
Work type: Continuing, Fixed Term
Division/Faculty: Chief Operating Officer Portfolio
Department/School: Student and Scholarly Services
Salary: $108,009 - $116,906 (UOM 8)
Role & Superannuation rate: Professional - Full time - 17% super
Founded in 1853, the University of Melbourne is Australia’s #1 university, and is consistently ranked amongst the leading universities in the world. We are proud of our people, our commitment to research and teaching excellence, and our global engagement.
About Student and Scholarly Services
Student and Scholarly Services (SASS) provides student administration and services from recruitment and point of enquiry to graduation. This team also delivers wellbeing and scholarly services to students and staff.
About the Role
The Team Leader, Curriculum Data & Reporting has leadership and coordination responsibilities for the key enabling Student Administration activities which support the Student Enrolment Lifecycle. This support includes taking a leading position in responding to the changing nature of the University’s curriculum design and delivery to ensure that the Curriculum Data & Reporting function in SASS is adaptable and provides exceptional curriculum support to the University's Academic Divisions.
This role will also have coordination and oversight responsibilities for curriculum and student reporting to the government. The priorities of evidence-based decision making, integration of digital tools and a student/staff-centred and embedded focus, will be key.
In a typical week at work, you may:
- Lead the operational day-to-day and annual cycle of curriculum data activities including configuration of the Academic Calendar, courses and subject data in Student Management System (StudentOne) and Curriculum Approval and Publication System (CAPS) as well as the publication of the University Handbook
- Design and implement enhancements to curriculum configuration and publication processes to improve the student enrolment lifecycle
- Effectively lead staff to achieve goals and work both as a successful team and cross-functionally across other teams. Under the direction of your manger, you may provide clear performance expectations, regular feedback and document performance outcomes
You will also have the opportunity to lead a practice leaders group of Curriculum Support staff from across Academic Divisions and Student Administration, and contribute to working groups to review and improve curriculum support enablers.
This is a full-time, fixed term (12 month) role.
You will have excellent interpersonal and organisational skills, with experience in stakeholder management and team leadership. Your strong attention to detail, orientation for service excellence and high level of data literacy and analytics will set you up for success in this role.
Ideally, you will further have:
- Undergraduate qualifications in a relevant discipline and/or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and education/training
- Expert knowledge of curriculum data and government reporting activities, and how they enable the student enrolment lifecycle to effectively deliver the University’s courses and subjects
- Demonstrated experience in leading and coordinating project teams to successfully achieve consistent outcomes, particularly in a time of business process transformation
- Experience in change-management and leveraging digital technologies as tools to support the innovation and continuous improvement of the University
To ensure the University continues to provide a safe environment for everyone, this position requires the incumbent to hold a current and valid Working with Children Check.
Benefits of Working with Us
In addition to having the opportunity to grow and be challenged, and to be part of a vibrant campus life, our people enjoy a range of rewarding benefits:
- Flexible working arrangements and generous personal, parental and cultural leave options
- Competitive remuneration, 17% super, salary packaging and leave loading
- Free and subsidised health and wellbeing services, and access to fitness and cultural clubs
- Discounts on a wide range of products and services including Myki cards and Qantas Club
- Career development opportunities and 25% off graduate courses for staff and their immediate families
To find out more, please visit https://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers.
Be Yourself @ UoM
We recognise that our employees are at the core of all our successes and achievements. We value the unique backgrounds, experiences and contributions that each person brings to our community, and we encourage and celebrate diversity. We promote inclusive behaviour, and we actively seek to learn from each other. Indigenous Australians are strongly encouraged to apply for our roles.
If you feel this role is right for you, please apply with your CV and cover letter outlining your interest and experience. Please note that you are not required to provide responses against the selection criteria in the Position Description.
Should you require any reasonable adjustments with the recruitment process, please contact the Talent Acquisition team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close: 15 Dec 2021 11:55 PM AUS Eastern Daylight Time