Marketing Officer (Turing)
Marketing Officer (Turing)
£29,646 - £34,135
Fixed-term post for 9 months (with potential to extend) or secondments from the HE, FE or Schools sector
Start date immediate and by January 2022 latest 35 hours per week
London WC1H: Hybrid working, with around 40% of your time per month being office based.
The ACU is an international organisation dedicated to building a better world through higher education. We deliver transformative education mobility opportunities, including supporting the UK Government’s flagship Turing scheme.
The Marketing Officer is an exciting new role that will provide expert marketing advice and activity to support the ACU’s contribution to the successful delivery of the Turing scheme - led by Capita and supported by the ACU and other partners.
This is a rare opportunity to contribute to a leading global mobility scheme supporting students from schools, colleges and universities to access international mobility for study and work, delivering transformative opportunities for individuals and communities across the UK.
You will bring strategic and operational marketing skills and the ability to provide audience analysis, segmentation and evaluation to inform the marketing approach for the Turing Scheme and ACU’s strategic communications function. Working across the organisation and with partners you will deliver engaging and impactful marketing campaigns and communications for major activities and priorities; including but not limited to the ACU’s work on internationalisation and mobility through the Turing scheme.
You will be an exceptional communicator and have strong copywriting skills. You will also be highly organised and able to balance multiple projects and be a great team player. You’ll utilise skills in understanding data analysis to understand what is working well across your marketing activities, and where we would benefit from refining what we do. You will work closely with partners including Capita to advise on the marketing messaging and activities for the Turing scheme, with a particular emphasis on reaching the most disadvantaged students in communities across the UK.
Your responsibilities will include:
1. Insight • Use data, insight and analysis to identify target audiences and partners and to inform the development of marketing and communication objectives, messages and solutions.
2. Plan • Undertake audience segmentation, insight and evaluation to select channels and develop relevant and engaging key messages and content for target audiences, producing and maintaining marketing plans for major activities
3. Implementation • Deliver integrated marketing campaigns and implement effective communication strategies and plans for major activities • Use a number of mass-marketing and direct marketing techniques and the full range of owned, earned and paid channels to reach and engage target audiences
4. Impact Advert template • Assess the impact and effectiveness of marketing activities, reviewing achievement of objectives, and produce reports
Some of the skills you need to be able to demonstrate include:
• Expert knowledge of marketing tactics including audience segmentation, targeting, and analysis
• Experience of planning, implementing and evaluating multichannel marketing campaigns to achieve impact and engagement through reaching a range of audiences with a variety of marketing materials across a range of channels
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, including writing for and understanding of different audiences and channels, and sensitivity for different cultural contexts
• Experience of working in UK or international higher education
Our benefits include 31 days holiday per year (including 4 Christmas closure days) plus bank holidays, competitive pension scheme (10% employer contribution plus 5% employee contribution), season ticket loan and excellent support for learning and development through a range of educational and networking activities.
At the ACU, we welcome and encourage applications from everyone regardless of gender, race, religion, marital status, disability, age, and sexual orientation.
As Marketing Officer, you will be employed by ACU Trading Ltd, a wholly owned subsidiary.
Closing date: 17th December 2021
Interview date: TBC, we will be interviewing on a rolling basis and applications may close before the deadline, so please apply early to avoid disappointment.
For further information and details of how to apply please visit our website.