Programme Officers (Turing)
Programme Officers (Turing)
£29,646 - £34,135
Fixed-term post for 9 months (with potential to extend) or secondments from the HE, FE or Schools sector
Start date immediate and by January 2022 latest
35 hours per week
London WC1H: Hybrid working, with around 40% of your time per month being office based
The Turing Programme Officer is an exciting new role that will support the ACU’s contribution to the successful delivery of the UK Government’s flagship outward mobility Turing, led by Capita and supported by the ACU and other partners.
This is a rare opportunity to contribute to a leading global mobility scheme supporting students from schools, colleges and universities to access international mobility for study and work, delivering transformative opportunities for individuals and communities across the UK.
The Programme Officers will work with the Head of Turing to ensure the successful delivery of the Turing scheme. This includes providing project management, reporting and administrative support across all aspects of the ACU’s work on Turing. The ACU is leading work on the Assessment Hub and will work closely with Capita on marketing, advocacy, outreach and, monitoring and evaluation for all four UK nations and across higher education, FE/VET and schools. A critical policy objective is widening participation.
About the ACU:
The ACU is an international organisation dedicated to building a better world through higher education. We believe that international collaboration is central to this ambition. By bringing universities together from around the world – and crucially the people who study and work within them - we help to advance knowledge, promote understanding, broaden minds, and improve lives. We champion higher education as a cornerstone of stronger societies, supporting our members, partners, and stakeholders as they adapt to a changing world.
As Programme Officer, your responsibilities will include:
• Providing project management and administrative support for the ACU’s work with Capita to ensure the successful delivery of the Turing scheme.
• Ensuring contract compliance on KPIs, PMI and reporting, supporting all aspects of the ACU’s Turing work in advocacy, marketing, assessment and monitoring and evaluation.
• To act as the first point of contact for Turing delivery internally and potentially externally.
• To act as a champion for the Turing scheme and help ensure the programme delivers on its policy objectives including widening participation.
Some of the skills you need to be able to demonstrate include:
• Degree educated
• Relevant experience of working in a Higher Education or FE and/or Schools environment.
• Project management experience
• Ability to communicate at all levels, with strong oral and written communication skills.
Our benefits include 31 days holiday per year (including 4 Christmas closure days) plus bank holidays, competitive pension scheme (10% employer contribution plus 5% employee contribution), season ticket loan and excellent support for learning and development through a range of educational and networking activities.
At the ACU, we welcome and encourage applications from everyone regardless of gender, race, religion, marital status, disability, age, and sexual orientation.
As Programme Officer, you will be employed by ACU Trading Ltd, a wholly owned subsidiary.
Closing date: 10th December 2021
Interview date: TBC, we will be interviewing on a rolling basis and applications may close before the deadline, so please apply early to avoid disappointment.
For further information and details of how to apply please visit our website.