Research Fellow, Department of Computer Science and Software Engineer
Department of Computer Science and Software Engineer
- Play a key role in research that will benefit the multi-billion-dollar augmented reality platform industry
- Two year fixed-term full time role
- Salary range: Level B $102,983 - $121,864p.a. (pro rata) plus 17% superannuation
The University of Western Australia (UWA) is ranked amongst the top 100 universities in the world and a member of the prestigious Australian Group of Eight research-intensive universities. With an enviable research track record, vibrant campus and working environments, supported by the freedom to ‘innovate and inspire’ there is no better time to join Western Australia’s top University.
About the team
The Department of Computer Science and Software Engineering under the School of Physics, Mathematics and Computing is renowned for its award-winning researchers, teachers and facilities. The broad-based undergraduate and postgraduate programs are complemented by a wide range of research activities and the School is a leader in developing graduates with high level expertise in computer programming and the methods involved in performing complex computations and processing data. In the resource rich state of Western Australia the opportunities for partnership and collaborative research are extensive and the School has well established links with industry.
About the opportunity
An exciting opportunity to join our team as a Research Fellow and work on a project involving the development of advanced computer vision, computer graphics and deep learning algorithms for augmented reality platforms.
You will work independently and collaboratively with passionate teams of researchers to generate research output of high impact and to develop research bids for funding from industry groups, government partners, national agencies and internationally.
To be considered for this role, you will demonstrate:
- A PhD in Computer Science or a closely related field
- Substantial relevant experience in publications in high quality conferences (such as CVPR, ICCV, ECCV, Siggraph) and journals as the first author
- Ability and interest in supervising post-graduate students
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Highly developed organisational skills with ability to meet deadlines
Full details of the position's responsibilities and the selection criteria are outlined in the position description. Please see the position description prior to applying.
You are required to address the selection criteria in your submission in a separate document. For information to assist you with compiling statements to answer the selection criteria, please visit Addressing the selection criteria
Closing date: 11:55 pm AWST, Friday 14 January 2022
This position is open to international applicants.
Application Details: Please apply online via the Apply Now button.
Our commitment to inclusion and diversity
UWA is committed to a diverse workforce. We celebrate inclusion and diversity and believe gender equity is fundamental to achieving our goal of being a top 50 university by 2050.
- We have child friendly areas on campus, including childcare facilities. Flexible work arrangements, part-time hours and job sharing will all be considered.
- UWA has been awarded Bronze Employer Status for being a Top Ten Employer for LGBTI Inclusion by the Australian Workplace Equity Index (AWEI -2021).
- UWA has also been awarded Athena Swan Bronze Accreditation in 2020.