Director of Staffing
Applicants must provide evidence of their right to work in the UK as BPP is unable to provide visa sponsorship
Job Profile Leadership Team - Leadership Roles
Contract Type Permanent
BPP Law School is recruiting a Director of Staffing. The Director of Staffing will ensure that the Law School Faculty (and their training) will meet the rapidly changing needs of legal education, particularly in light of the introduction of BPP’s new Solicitors Training Programme, Barristers Training Course and legal apprenticeship programmes.
The Director of Staffing will be part of the senior management team in the Law School and will also work on wider University projects.
The Director of Staffing will manage the Heads of Faculty, who in turn manage the performance and development of Law School tutors. The Director of Staffing will also manage the Head of Training of Training and Development which develops and manages faculty T&D across all cent
- Ensuring that the academic staffing model is at all times fit for purpose and fit for the future, especially in the light of the SQE, BTC, legal apprenticeship programmes and all relevant regulatory change
- Managing and developing the Heads of Faculty and Head of Training & Development
- Working with the central BPP HR teams and Head of Faculty to ensure that appropriate Law School recruitment and academic staff retention policies and processes are in place and monitored. These must meet all regulatory requirements and be in line with all quality assurance benchmarks in the sector
- Working with the Head of Training and Development to ensure that there is a robust training and development programme (including induction) for permanent and freelance tutors
- Working with the central BPP HR teams to deliver processes to measure staff performance against clear and transparent metrics.
- Working with the central BPP HR teams to ensure that an appropriate performance and career development and reward system is in place
- Directing the annual academic staff pay review processes for the Law School.
- Working with the Heads of Faculty and Head of T&D to create and monitor systems and processes for the collation of accurate data on all areas of responsibility
- Any other duties appropriate to the grade and nature of post.
Department Law School - Law School SLT
Vacancy location UK, Home Based, Home and Office Based
- A Level 7 (Post-Graduate) or relevant Professional Qualification
- Proven management and leadership experience
- Proven track record in leading and managing large groups of professionals
- Experience of analysing data and report writing
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- An ability to think creatively and develop solutions to new and challenging situations
- Ability to delegate and set realistic targets for team members
- Ability to lead, motivate, develop, challenge and inspire people including managing through others
- Proactive ‘can do' attitude
- Digitally literate (able to use common software packages)
- Able to manage workload
- Able to deal with difficult/sensitive issues
- Able to manage people and resolve conflicts
- Demonstrate BPP's corporate values (Everybody matters, Trust and Respect, Stronger Together, Embrace Change, Student, Learning and Client Centric)
- Previous experience of practice in a law firm/ barristers chambers / professional services
- Management and leadership experience in higher education
- Experience of using the output of resource planning software to identify areas of development
- Knowledge of relevant regulatory frameworks
Contract Hours 30.00