Applicants must provide evidence of their right to work in the UK as BPP is unable to provide visa sponsorship
Job Profile Publishing - Editorial
Contract Type Fixed Term
A professional role requiring a strong academic background, editorial experience and good communication skills.
The Project Editor works closely with academic writers and production staff to ensure files are supplied on time and to specification, as well as being involved in project management from initial manuscript through to print-ready files.
The Project Editor ensures products are produced on time and is responsible for carrying out critical editorial checks before final output to print/online platform.
- Project managing files from origination through the publishing phase to final output
- Maintaining accurate schedules throughout the publishing process
- Editing multiple projects to schedule and to the quality expected
- Liaising with key stakeholders, such as internal and freelance authors, subject matter experts, proofreaders and examiners to keep products on schedule during the origination and publishing services phase
- Co-ordinating the typesetting process in an effective and timely manner
- Working across MS Word and a content management system (CMS), amongst other tools, to ensure final products have undergone quality editorial checks, proof checks and pre-flight checks
- Supporting the Project Editor Team Leader in taking on minor project management work, developing these skills over time
Department Learning Media - Learning Media Operations
Vacancy location UK, London, London Shepherd's Bush
- Ability to recognise clear, concise, well-written and grammatically correct material
- Editorial background
- Excellent communication skills
- Proactive and self-motivated
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and good time management
- Ability to prioritise
- Ability to self-manage when working in a demanding environment during peak publishing cycles
- Good MS Word skills
- Concentration, accuracy and an eye for detail
- Ability to approach work methodically
- A degree or equivalent professional qualification in English Language/Literature preferred; however, applications from candidates with appropriate and relevant work experience or other equivalent qualifications will also be considered.
- Experience with content management systems; however, relevant training will be provided.
Contract Hours 37.50