Manager, Innovation and Planning
- Full time continuing role
- Develop new and effective ways of collecting, analysing and utilising data to identify opportunities to improve and develop the University library services
- Support Library planning and reporting including strategy development and implementation
- Base Salary $109,663 + 17% superannuation
About the opportunity
The primary function of the Manager, Innovation and Planning is to support robust corporate data and information management, accompanied by effective analysis and reporting to inform and support strategic planning, decision-making and the management and development of client-focused Library services, frameworks and practices.
The Manager, Innovation and Planning will develop new and effective ways of collecting, analysing and utilising data to identify opportunities to improve and develop Library services integrating data from sources across the business as appropriate. The position makes recommendations to the University Librarian and other senior Library managers for the implementation of programs that could involve operational process improvements impacting not the University Library but also on other areas of the University's operations. It supports the development and implementation of business process reviews, providing strategic support and advice that involves knowledge of a range of Library and University policies, requirements and procedures to achieve successful outcomes.
The position manages a small, specialised unit within the Division which requires significant innovation, initiative, lateral thinking and judgement.
- demonstrated ability to lead, manage and motivate staff and improve team performance through mentoring and provision of staff development opportunities
- excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to negotiate and build internal and external collaborations and partnerships
- strong analytical, influencing and problem-solving skills to support the successful implementation of programs and initiatives
- broad knowledge of the higher education sector and/or the information needs of the academic community
- project management experience and expertise, including delivering according to established timelines
- demonstrated experience in compiling data from diverse sources and systems to create meaningful and accurate information for management decision support.
Closing date for applications
11.59 pm, 6 December 2021
Sponsorship / work rights for Australia
Please note: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. For a continuing position, you must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or an Australian Permanent Resident.
Australian Temporary Residents currently employed at the University of Sydney may be considered for a fixed term contract for the length of their visa, depending on the requirements of the hiring area and the position.
Your employment is conditional upon the completion of all role required pre-employment or background checks in terms satisfactory to the University. Similarly, your ongoing employment is conditional upon the satisfactory maintenance of all relevant clearances and background check requirements. If you do not meet these conditions, the University may take any necessary step, including the termination of your employment.
The University of Sydney is committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications from people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; equity target groups including women, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTIQ; and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, are encouraged.
How to apply
Applications (including a cover letter, CV, and any additional supporting documentation) can be submitted via the Apply button at the top of the page.
For employees of the University or contingent workers, please login into your Workday account and navigate to the Career icon on your Dashboard. Click on USYD Find Jobs and apply.
For a confidential discussion about the role, or if you require reasonable adjustment or support filling out this application, please contact Liz Mackinlay, Recruitment Operations, on 0422 994 254 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.
Click to view the Position Description for this role.