Lecturer in Information Technology
- 2 x Continuous, Full Time positions
- ACLEB - $95k - $113k plus 17% employer superannuation contributions
- Salary Packaging opportunities
- Ref: 0468F02/121076 and 1150H01/121095
The Information Technology divisions teaching programs build on Murdoch Universities vast experience in scientific training and research to provide our graduates with the sought-after skills for a lifelong career path. Key Information Technology research strengths include Artificial Intelligence, Image Processing and Computer Graphics, Cyber Security and Networking, and Business information Systems. The Information Technology discipline offers a wide range of undergraduate and graduate courses for future and existing IT professionals, both in Perth and transnationally in Singapore and Dubai.
We are currently seeking two Lecturers in Information Technology to contribute to the teaching effort of the Discipline through program coordination, development and delivery of lectures and tutorials and supervision of honours and postgraduate students.
What you’ll bring to this role
- A PhD in Computer Science, software engineering or closely related area, and the ability to meet the requirements for membership of the Australian Computer Society
- Experience in teaching Computer Science at the undergraduate and post graduate level, with a knowledge of contemporary approaches to curriculum and pedagogy
- A strong research focus with experience generating high quality independent research outputs published nationally or internationally
- Experience in successfully obtaining and managing external competitive grant funds
- Effective supervision of honours, postgraduate and HDR students
Applicants should refer to the Position Description for further detail on the duties, skills and experience required for this role. Applicants must have valid work rights.
What you’ll get in return
You will be part of a vibrant and talented team, work in an innovative and lively university community and enjoy the benefits that come with working at Murdoch.
Our people enjoy a lively, natural campus and world-class facilities, as well as a range of benefits including:
- Competitive remuneration
- Paid leave entitlements
- Flexible work arrangements
- Salary packaging options
- Employee Assistance Program
- On Campus Services and Facilities, including a Childcare Centre, Gym, Vet Hospital and Chiropractic Clinic
Please apply by submitting the documents below:
- A cover letter including a statement addressing the selection criteria (found in the Position Description)
- Your most recent resume (CV)
Please visit the Current Vacancies page to view the position description for this role.
Please see the Applicant Guide for more information. Applications sent by post or email will not be accepted. Please note visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Position contact: David Parry, Head of Discipline, IT, Media at email@example.com
Murdoch University values diversity, promotes inclusion, and strongly encourages Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people, women, and people with disability to apply. Applicants who have support or access requirements, are encouraged to advise this at the time of their application, to ensure appropriate assistance is provided throughout the recruitment process.
Closing date: 13 December 2021(8:59pm AWST)
Please note that Murdoch University will be in a Limited Service Period from Wednesday 22 December 2021 to Monday 3 January 2022 (inclusive). Shortlisting for this position will commence after 3 January 2022.
The University reserves the right to withdraw this advertisement at any time.