Programme and Contracts Manager (Education)
The Programmes & Contracts Manager works as part of the Nightingale Student Hub team to ensure consistent education services management and delivery of education support through high quality administrative support. The Student Hub consists of several teams including Programmes (where the post is based), Placements, Assessments, Student Experience and Quality Assurance.
The main responsibilities of the role will include NHS contract management for the provision of post-qualification education, budget management, NHS funding oversight, management of post-qualification programmes, statistical data management and statutory returns to HEE and HESA.
The role includes oversight to ensure consistency of process, quality and efficacy of service, that the team provide a high level of customer support to relevant stakeholders. Providing leadership and line management to Senior Programmes Officers, Programmes Officers, allocating staff resource to ensure consistent and effective service delivery, and developing and delivering training to all levels to enable and embed service resilience and succession planning.
The Programmes Manager will represent the Faculty in wider university activities and committees, in support of the Faculty’s interests and engaging with university functions. Ensure that staff are aware of their purpose and engaging with a shared vision for the university and the Faculty. The post holder will develop and maintain a close working relationship with Heads of Department, the Associate Deans, and the Directors of Excellences in Learning and Teaching.
This post will be offered on an indefinite contract.
This is a full-time post - 100% full time equivalent
- Providing excellent customer service to NHS Trusts and their staff undertaking post qualification education. This includes maintaining and developing communications with NHS Trusts and providing regular reports on the use of their funding. This will involve budget management, working with complex spreadsheets and taking an overall accountability for the accuracy of funding data.
- Being the Faculty’s point of contact for information requests and related information for HEE and other Government bodies. In particular, this involves collating data and reporting to NMC, HEE and HESA.
- Providing expertise in costing international and other bespoke projects.
- Supporting Senior Programmes Officers in managing high-quality support for teaching departments, ensuring staff are signposted to relevant services as required and that processes and policies are kept up to date.
- Working collaboratively with other Programme Managers to oversee the quality of student support delivered by Programme Officers and Senior Programme Officers via the student enquiry management system Dynamics. This will involve workload supervision, delegation and reporting.
- Supporting the Senior Programme Manager with overseeing operational activities to support the Faculty’s student recruitment and admissions functions.
- Working closely with the PGT lead and PG Marketing Manager to ensure that web-based information on all post qualification programmes and modules is up to date and meets customer requirements.
- Overseeing, investigating and responding to formal and informal complaints.
The above list of responsibilities may not be exhaustive, and the post holder will be required to undertake such tasks and responsibilities as may reasonably be expected within the scope and grading of the post.
Skills, knowledge, and experience
1. Educated to a degree level
2. Strong numeracy skills
3. Excellent communication skills
4. Excellent organisational and time management skills
5. Effective, data driven decision-making ability
6. Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft packages and experience in the use of databases
7. Strong understanding of user-focused, end-to-end service ethos
8. Experience of leading a team of staff, and experience of managing change
9. Experience of identifying a customer’s needs and developing services to meet those needs
10. Experience of addressing complaints and service setbacks in a professional and efficient manner
11. A methodical but flexible approach to work, being adaptable and responsive to a culture of continual improvement
1. Financial / budget management experience
2. Experience of using virtual learning to improve the education experience of staff and students
3. Experience of having a longer-term view of service provision, and the ability to plan for both the immediate future and the longer term where developments may be in progress