Senior Content Manager
Job Title: Senior Content Manager
Department: Summits & Events
Location: Red Lion Square, Holborn, London
Reporting to: Content Director
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced education events producer (or a higher education journalist or external affairs professional looking for a career change) to join the Times Higher Education World Summit Series, to work on the content for our global events.
Our exciting summits and forums discuss the future shape of higher education and the role of universities in addressing the biggest challenges facing society. Nobel laureates, leading global thinkers, university leaders and government representatives are typical speakers at our events.
The Senior Content Manager will primarily work on Times Higher Education’s global summits and forums programme. You will be responsible end-to-end content delivery by researching compelling themes and discussion topics through phone and desk research, and producing innovative programmes with world-class speakers. The ideal candidate will be passionate about global affairs and higher education’s impact and be prepared to proactively foster and build relationships with stakeholders across the sector.
You must have at least 4 years’ experience of successfully producing events within the higher education sector – or the equivalent experience in a closely related industry, and demonstrate clear transferrable skills. You’ll need to be used to a fast-paced environment, be an innovative thinker and have the ability to research and discover key topics and the best speakers. You will have a creative approach to be able to spot opportunities that add value and enhance the experience of our stakeholders. You’ll need to be confident talking to senior leaders and stakeholders.
Working with the World Summit Series team and across the wider business you will play an important role in delivery our global events, in partnership with our host partners.
Programme research and development
- Conduct phone and desk research with a variety of stakeholders to create high-quality event programmes that include compelling subjects for discussion
- Work in partnership with hosts and commercial partners to shape programmes to their objectives
- Collaborate with the wider THE team to identify opportunities on event programmes that support the wider business portfolio
- Collaborate with the Directors of Sponsorship and MD Events to support the engagement of potential business partnerships at our events
- Participation in meetings with host partners. Client liaison skills are a must
- Recruit senior level, high-quality speakers to participate
- Ensure event programmes are compelling and thoughtful to attract speakers and delegates to attend
- Draft ‘best practice’ speaker briefs on the event themes and discussions
- Verify speaker submitted presentations prior to each event and ensure they are appropriate
- Ensure that all speakers involved in THE’s events portfolio have a positive experience through its high-quality speaker liaison
- On-site co-ordination of speakers and other key stakeholders, stage management and liaison with AV team to ensure a seamless production
Driving attendance, marketing and prospect management
- Write compelling programme abstracts and website copy to help market our events
- Clarify the event value proposition for interested parties
- Contribute to the production of effective marketing collateral
- Engage with key influencers of the market and generate interest in the event
- Support THE’s events engagement strategy to build a community around our events
- Identify potential fringe event and collaboration opportunities which support strategically supports the host partners and commercial educational partners
Experience and Skills Required
- 4+ years of proven experience successfully producing international events, ideally within the higher education sector
- Confident and talented self-starter who can hit the ground running
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work with senior leaders from government, NGOS, academia and industry
- Commercially astute and entrepreneurial outlook in order to work on commercial events
- Experience of work with media and communications
- Ability to work to agreed deadlines, working well under pressure
- Excellent planning and organisational skills in order to manage and prioritise workload
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including spelling, grammar and proofreading, with the ability to tailor style and approach to suit a variety of global audiences
- Passionate about international higher education and global affairs
- MS Office essential – Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience of planning virtual events; moderating experience preferred
- Flexibility to travel overseas to events
- Educated to a degree level
Times Higher Education (THE), the leading global authority on university performance, is searching for a motivated and driven individual to join their growing events team. THE’s portfolio of events is a programme of worldwide activity, headed up by our flagship annual Times Higher Education World Academic Summit. This regular series of regional summits and forums brings together pre-eminent global thought leaders across higher education, research, industry and government to share best practice and innovation in the development and leadership of world-class universities and research.
Our events provide premium networking opportunities unprecedented in the higher education sector, providing the platform for vital conversations that will help shape the future of higher education.