Lecturer in Social Work
Lecturer in Social Work
Join our team!
We are a flexible employer.
We are seeking to recruit a lecturer in Social Work who is passionate about the development of the social work profession and preparing future social workers! As a member of the Allied Health & Social Work Subject Group, you will be joining a vibrant academic team who work with other colleagues across the school as part of a supportive, collaborative interprofessional community. You will be working with an expert enthusiastic team committed to providing an outstanding student experience on our Allied Health and Social Work programmes, at all academic levels. As part of your role you will teach, assess, support students as a personal tutor and lead modules and/or programmes in the School; with initial support if you are new to Higher Education.
You will be supported in the role to further develop your own academic career in your identified academic pathway (Professional Practice, Learning & Teaching, Research or Business & Enterprise) through access to a range of resources available to all University staff and through a coaching approach to personal development. We work in an inclusive way and can support flexible and remote working. We will also consider applications for part-time time working, job sharing and secondments.
If you are excited at the prospect of joining our fantastic interprofessional team as a lecturer in Social Work, then we’d love to receive an application from you!
- Current registration with the relevant Professional Statutory Regulatory Body for the role
- Doctoral level qualification (or very near completion)
- Demonstrable evidence of teaching, assessing and supporting learners in a higher education and/or clinical practice setting
- A growing research profile including peer reviewed publications and professional dissemination activity
- Commitment to sustained continuous professional/academic development.
- Experience of working clinically
- Post-graduate certificate in higher education or equivalent.
- Fellowship of the Higher Education Academy or a strong willingness to achieve membership within 2 years of appointment
- Evidence of applying for external funding.
For more information on the position, please see our full role profile here
For more information about the School and current recruitment campaign, click here.
How will we reward you?
In return, we offer a great working environment where we support ambition, recognise achievement and offer an attractive benefit package.
Salary: £ 40,927- £50,296 per annum (Grade 6)
Further information about our benefits can be found here
For more information regarding this position please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Application closing date: 31st January 2022
Please note due to COVID-19 it is possible that interviews will take place via video conferencing.
The University is committed to inclusion, demonstrated through our work in respect of our diversity awards and accreditations and holds Disability Confident, Carer Positive and Stonewall Scotland Diversity Champion status. More details can be found here.