Research Assistant, Clinical Mass Spectrometry
SLING, the Singapore Lipidomics Incubator at the National University of Singapore (NUS), invites applications from qualified candidates for the position of a Research Assistant. This is an exciting opportunity to be involved in development and optimization of mass spectrometry-based method for clinical lipidomics, in a partnership between NUS, Agilent Technologies and National University Hospital (NUH). More information can be found here https://sling.sg/nusagilenthub/nus-agilent-hub-for-translation-and-capture/
We are looking for a highly dedicated and motivated individual with the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously. We offer a vibrant, multidisciplinary research environment with top-class facilities. A friendly atmosphere awaits you, with collaborations between different departments at NUS, NUH and international institutions. You will be working closely with a team of senior scientists, staff and students to meet the responsibilities detailed below.
- Plan and organize standard operating procedures of the projects
- Perform different sample preparation protocols for lipidomics of clinical samples
- Assist in maintenance and troubleshooting of HPLCs and mass spectrometers
- Routine operation of LC-MS/MS and/or GC-MS, once proficiently trained
- Assist in processing and quality control of lipidomics data
- Prepare project updates
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Biomedical/Clinical Sciences, Life Sciences, Bioengineering or related disciplines
- 1-2 years of working experience in a research lab
- Hands-on experience with operation and troubleshooting of HPLC at least, and of MS preferred
- Prior experience in developing and running mass spectrometry-based assays will be a strong advantage
How to apply
The project is headed by Anne K Bendt from SLING, NUS. Informal enquiries are most welcome. Please submit your application including your CV and names and contact information of 3 references to firstname.lastname@example.org
This position will be available with immediate effect.