Research Assistant, Grab-NUS AI Lab
We have a Research Assistant opening for the Grab-NUS AI Lab anchored at the Institute of Data Science at National University of Singapore. Grab is Southeast Asia’s leading on-demand transportation platform. The Grab-NUS AI Lab will focus on AI for Southeast Asia to solve transportation and other regional challenges with intelligent insights and innovative services enabled by rigorous research in AI and data science.
The Research Assistant will be responsible for data extraction, data standardization and integration, implementations for algorithms and methodologies based on state-of-the-art research in machine learning and big data for collaborative machine learning.
- Perform data cleansing and processing for analysis of real-world datasets from transportation and e-payment domains;
- Design and write robust, readable, and reusable code components and applications to implement state-of-the-art research outcomes in machine learning, artificial intelligence, and big data, with a focus on computer vision, NLP, and AI explainability;
- Assists with the editing and preparation of manuscripts, reports and presentations;
- Participate in presentations and demos for exhibiting work at appropriate events.
- Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science with a focus in AI/Machine Learning/Big Data;
- Solid programming and application development skills with experience in Python/Perl/R. Mastery of programming languages such as C/C++/Java, and experience with Tensorflow would be a plus;
- Ability to read and understand methodologies in research papers;
- Fluent in English and good team-player.