Research Assistant, Department of Microbiology and Immunology
The National University of Singapore invites applications for Research Assistant in the Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine. The successful candidate will be expected to carry out projects in the area of virus-host interactions in the laboratory of Associate Professor Tan Yee Joo (http://medicine.nus.edu.sg/mbio/About-Us/Academic-Staff.html).
Purpose of the post
The appointee will be a Research Assistant working closely with a multi-disciplinary team including research scholars and research fellows in the field of virology.
Main duties and responsibilities
We are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated candidate who will be actively involved in performing bench work related to virology, protein chemistry and cell biology. The RA will be closely working with research scholars and research fellows. He/she will be required to assist with any other laboratory duties as delegated by the PI.
- At least a Bachelor's degree (preferably with honours) in Biomedical Sciences or related fields
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
- Highly motivated, self-driven, and independent
- Interested in science and be able to work well in a team
- Prior experience with virology or protein chemistry or cell biology preferred
- Willing to work with virus and mouse model
- Able to assist in laboratory administrative and management tasks including procurement and safety issues.