Catering Assistant, Chef
Salary: £17,901 - £22,254 p.a.
Contract Type: Full-time, permanent
Closing Date: 04-01-2022 12 Midday
UCB has a vacancy for a Catering Assistant (Chef); to prepare and cook an interesting and diverse menu within designated catering areas across our busy University outlets.
This role involves delivering high standards in respect of food preparation and menu planning.
To be successful in your application, you will demonstrate:
- Experience of food preparation in a professional catering environment.
- Experience of menu planning within a budget.
- Ability to prepare a diverse and interesting range of food.
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team.
- Relevant Health & Safety and Food Hygiene training.
- Relevant level 2 qualification or equivalent apprenticeship.
The post-holder will be expected to work flexibly to meet the demands of the service.
Closing date: Tuesday 4 January 2021 at midday
- 38 days’ paid leave per year
- Local government pension scheme
- Private healthcare
- Excellent staff development opportunities
- Salary sacrifice car leasing, tech and cycle schemes
- On-site gym
UCB is an equal opportunities employer.
All applicants for employment at the University will be expected to demonstrate an understanding of the principles of Safeguarding and the PREVENT agenda in the context of further and higher education.
Unless stated otherwise, all roles at UCB will be based on-site at one of our Birmingham City Centre campus buildings. This is a not a remote role.
Click here for job description and person specification