Laboratory Technician for the Research Group, RNA Based Regulation of Gene Expression
The Director of Central European Institute of Technology (CEITEC MU) opens a position Laboratory Technician for the Research Group „RNA based regulation of Gene Expression“
CEITEC is a scientific centre in the fields of life sciences, advanced materials and technologies whose aim is to establish itself as a recognized centre for basic as well as applied research. CEITEC offers a state-of-the-art infrastructure and great conditions to employ excellent researchers.
Our institute values diversity and promotes an inclusive working environment with the aim to support the best scientists. CEITEC MU is a proud holder of the HR Excellence in Research Award by the European Commission (http://muni.ceitec.cz/en/hr-strategy-hrs4r/).
A position for a laboratory technician/manager is available in the research group of Peter J Lukavsky, PhD “RNA-based Regulation of Gene Expression” which is part of Structural Biology program at CEITEC, Masaryk University (MU). We study disease-related biological processes by investigating protein structures and their interactions with other proteins, RNA or small molecule inhibitors using biomolecular NMR and related biophysical methods.
Research will be conducted at CEITEC located in the life science campus of Masaryk University (Brno, Bohunice, https://www.ceitec.eu/).
- Expression and purification of proteins
- Transcription and purification of RNAs
- Preparation of various media and buffers
- PCR and cloning of RNA and protein constructs
- Preparation of isotope-labelled nucleotides
- Binding studies using ITC, fluorescence anisotropy, EMSA, and other biophysical techniques including data analysis
- Performance of NMR experiments to study small molecule interactions with proteins and RNA
- Implementing new techniques and projects
- Help incoming co-workers into a smooth start in the lab
- Ordering of chemicals and lab supplies
- At least Master degree in molecular biology, biochemistry, biophysics, chemistry or other related fields of life-sciences
- Good knowledge of English and Czech (oral and written)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- High motivation, flexibility and self-driven interest to learn new things
- Reliability, team player, meticulousness
- Knowledge of "laboratory chemistry" - preparation of solutions with defined concentrations, adjusting pH, preparation of media for bacterial cultures etc.
- Computer literacy, MS word, Excel, Adobe Illustrator.
- Excellent experience with molecular biology, protein and RNA purification, biochemistry and NMR spectroscopy is a big plus
- Interesting work in a top scientific team
- Stable base and excellent instrumental equipment of CEITEC-MU
- MU employment benefits
- Salary based on qualification and experience; part time appointment possible
Anticipated start date: open to negotiation
Application including CV and a short motivational letter including: a) description of previous experiences b) technical skills and c) at least two contact references should be sent by e-application available on https://www.muni.cz/en/about-us/careers/vacancies/66999.
In case of any troubles with filling the e-application, please contact the contact person.
Contact person: Veronika Slezáková (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Electronic application deadline is 28 February 2022.
Information about Brno, Czech Republic
- The capital of South Moravian Region and the second largest city in the Czech Republic with a population of almost 400,000 people
- Modern, dynamic and fast growing centre of industry, trade, science, research and innovation with business incubators and centres of excellence in science
- A city of universities with more than 86,000 students
- More than 10,000 researchers; 2,200 IF publications/year; 600+ PhD graduates/year
- 500 mil. EUR of R&D investment per year, more than 350 companies with in-house R&D
- City of Gregor Mendel, the founder of genetics; the prestigious Mendel Lectures series takes place in Brno since 2003 (lectures of the world´s top scientists, including Nobel Prize winners)
- Quality of life index in 2016
For further information about
- CEITEC, please visit www.ceitec.eu
- CEITEC Welcome Office, please visit https://www.ceitec.eu/welcome-office/t9938
- Masaryk University, please visit www.muni.cz
- Brno, please visit http://www2.brno.cz/index.php?lan=en&nav01=20608&nav02=20617