Research Fellow, Interact Electric Vehicles with Electricity Grid
- Full-time, Fixed Term, 12 months contract. 2 positions available.
- Salary Academic Level B + 17% Superannuation and Flexible Working Arrangements
- Based at the Melbourne CBD campus, but may be required to work and/or be based at other campuses of the University
The Research Fellow will work with research teams and partnerships in the School and Research Institutes planning, developing and engaging in high quality research projects that are aligned with the University's research focus areas. You will be required to carry out independent and/or team research which has a significant impact in the area of their specialisation and be acknowledged at a national level as being influential in expanding the knowledge of their relevant discipline.
The project will establish Electric Vehicle (EV) living lab at RMIT city campus. Through applied research projects that test EV technologies, study their technical and legal-economic impact on the electricity grid, prices and broader system, the lab will provide a unique capability that supports Victoria and Australia in understanding the complex economic, legal, environmental and engineering aspects of public and private fleet electrification. The project is designed to support and inform future policy towards Victoria's net zero emission targets in the transport sector, proactively addressing both likely and unforeseen challenges as EVs are adopted at accelerated rates in both public and private sectors.
To be successful in this position, you'll have:
- PhD or equivalent in computer science, applied mathematics, statistics or electrical engineering (with enough experience in working with real data).
- Demonstrated research track record in Electrical Engineering with strong background in optimisation and analysis of distribution networks. Prior experience in studying impact of EVs is an advantage.
- Publications in top-tier journals of the field.
- Ability to clearly communicate research results, concepts and knowledge.
- Initiative in research and problem solving.
- Ability to work effectively both as a member of a research team and independently when required, to meet project outcomes and milestones.
Please Note: Appointment to this position is subject to passing a Working with Children Check.
Please submit your CV and covering letter addressing the Key Selection Criteria for this position by clicking on the 'Apply' link below. For further information about this position, please see Position Description below or contact Dr Mahdi Jalili via email email@example.com.
Applications close on 22 December 2021 at 11:59 pm.
Bring Your Whole Self to Work
RMIT has a strong dhumbali (commitment) to the employment, development and retention of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people within a culturally safe environment; we strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
RMIT is a Disability Confident Recruitment Team and we are happy to adjust the recruitment process for your accessibility requirements. Please contact us at TalentSupport@rmit.edu.au telling us your preferred type of communication and we will be in touch as soon as possible to discuss your requirements.
Please note that whilst we still accept applications from any persons interested in our roles, due to the impacts of COVID-19, we are currently prioritising applications from those with current working rights in Australia and who are not affected by travel restrictions. Please see the latest updates to Australia's immigration and border arrangements during the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) outbreak: https://covid19.homeaffairs.gov.au/
The Victorian Government has announced that all workers - in Melbourne and regional Victoria - on the Authorised Worker list must be vaccinated. This is not a decision made by RMIT - we are compelled to comply with this government health directive. RMIT has not made any decisions to mandate vaccination across our whole RMIT community.
If the requirements of this role determine vaccination is required, resulting from the current Authorised Worker mandate or future Victorian Government changes, RMIT will advise and request proof of vaccination during the recruitment process.