Personal Tutor, Law School
Applicants must provide evidence of their right to work in the UK as BPP is unable to provide visa sponsorship
Job Profile Teaching - Tutor
Contract Type Fixed Term
Personal Tutors will operate across the whole School, specialising in the field of Student (Learner) Support to implement and maintain the School’s Retention Programme. We are looking for a highly motivated, practitioner experienced, tutor to bring high quality learner support into the School. Specifically, we are seeking candidates who hold relevant professional qualifications and have relevant practitioner experience and are able to provide the following services: Learner support, Development of support materials, Implementation of support services, Tracking/monitoring success rates of support.
The role of Personal Tutors in the School is to ensure that learners/learners/students in the School receive additional support where it is needed to enable them to complete their programmes and fulfil their potential. Personal Tutors will undertake a variety of duties including, but not restricted to, personal tuition, project supervision, managing online cohorts.
- Provide academic and pastoral support to learners/students in accordance with the University Personal Tutoring policy
- Review engagement trackers to identify learners/students at risk
- Regularly contact students who fall below the required level of engagement
- Track student responses/outcomes
- Assist individual learners/learners/students with both formative and summative assessments as part of their undergraduate or graduate studies
- Guidance on academic requests
- Provide support to learners/students following assessment results release around progression, completion and withdrawal
- Actively encourage learners/students engagement with their programmes using resources available
- To provide learners/students with one-to-one sessions on a variety of academic areas such as referencing and research skills
- Liaise with Programme Support Officers and the Assessment Team, identifying learners/learners/students at risk of failing
- Formulating personalised study plans for learners/learners/students identified as ‘at risk'
- Become familiar with an overview of module contents at the school, as well as the relevant assessments and marking criteria, in order to better focus support sessions
- Develop and deliver high quality and consistent support materials including detailed study plans bespoke for individual learners/learners/students or groups of learners/learners/students.
- Providing learners/students with excellent support
- Any other duties appropriate to this role
Department Law School - Programmes & Students
Vacancy location UK, London, London Waterloo
A Level 7 (Post-Graduate) or relevant Professional Qualification. If candidate does not have either of the desirable criteria, then a commitment to achieving either of these through BPP's PGCLT (Post Graduate Certificate in Learning and Teaching) or Headway, BPP's accredited CPD scheme.
- Experience of coaching, supervising and mentoring learners/learners/students in an academic context
- Practitioner experience in your field
- Experience of negotiation with and managing different stakeholders
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- The ability to effectively plan, organise and prioritise workload
- The ability to work well in a team and be collaborative
- Excellent computer/IT skills
Contract Hours 37.50
Salary Up to 35,000