Lecturer/Senior Lecturer Department of Practical Theology and Mission Studies
FACULTY OF THEOLOGY AND RELIGION
DEPARTMENT OF PRACTICAL THEOLOGY AND MISSION STUDIES
LECTURER/SENIOR LECTURER (ONE POST)
In pursuit of the ideals of excellence and diversity, the University of Pretoria wishes to invite applications for the following vacancy.
The University of Pretoria's commitment to quality makes us one of the top research Universities in the country and gives us a competitive advantage in international science and technology development.
The incumbent will be responsible for:
- Teaching at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels in The Department of Practical Theology and Mission Studies (PTMS) with preferably a special focus on Homiletics and Liturgy;
- Conducting scholarly research in the fields as mentioned above;
- Supervising master’s and doctoral students;
- Mentoring students at undergraduate level;
- Performing academic administration and management;
- Performing other duties as delegated by the Head of the Department.
- A Maters degree with specialisation in Homiletics and Liturgy;
- One publication in an accredited journal;
- Some academic administration experience
- A Doctoral degree in Practical Theology with specialisation in Homiletics and Liturgy;
- At least three years’ experience in lecturing/involvement in a tertiary education institution;
- Three publications in accredited journals in Practical Theology;
- Conference papers delivered;
- Academic Administration experience;
- Evidence of participation in departmental committees.
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES (SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND BEHAVIOURAL ATTRIBUTES):
- Appropriate language and communication skills;
- Specialised research in the stipulated areas of Practical Theology with proven evidence of peer recognition.
ADDED ADVANTAGES AND PREFERENCES:
- Community involvement
The annual remuneration package will be commensurate with the incumbent’s level of appointment, as determined by UP policy guidelines. UP subscribes to the BESTMED and UMVUZO medical aid schemes and contributes 50% of the applicable monthly premium.
In applying for this post, please attach:
- A comprehensive CV;
- Certified copies of qualifications;
- Names, e-mail addresses and telephone details of three referees whom we have permission to contact;
- Names and contact details of peer reviewers (academic and research);
CLOSING DATE: 22 December 2021
No application will be considered after the closing date, or if it does not comply with at least the minimum requirements.
ENQUIRIES: Poppy Ngesi, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Should you not hear from the University of Pretoria by 28 February 2022 please accept that your application has been unsuccessful.
The University of Pretoria is committed to equality, employment equity and diversity.
In accordance with the Employment Equity Plan of the University and its Employment Equity goals and targets, preference may be given, but is not limited to candidates from under-represented designated groups.
Since this is a church-supported post, all applicants must be ministers of the Dutch Reformed Church (NG Kerk) or of Churches with full relations with the DRC (NGK).
All candidates who comply with the requirements for appointment are invited to apply. All candidates agree to undergo verification of personal credentials.
The University of Pretoria reserves the right to not fill the advertised positions.