Project Officer (King's Experience)
The King’s community is dedicated to the service of society. King’s Strategic Vision 2029 sets out our vision for the future, shaped around five priority areas: educate to inspire and improve; research to inform and innovate; serve to shape and transform; a civic university at the heart of London; and an international community that services the world. Our ambitious Education Strategy sets out the actions that we must take to transform how we teach, how and where our students learn and how we support them during their time with us.
About the Department
King's Careers & Employability (KC&E) facilitates excellent career management and employability services supporting our students and alumni, enabling them to develop effective career skills and build a platform for future success.
We are part of the wider Students & Education Directorate, a collection of wide-ranging professional services in place to support King’s students and their education. As a directorate we manage the student lifecycle from application to graduation and beyond, to ensure a coherent and seamless student experience and effective administrative processes, working closely with King’s faculties to do so.
The King’s Experience sub-team sits within the Student Careers Engagement (SCE) workstream within KC&E. The SCE team supports students at all levels across the institution, as well as alumni, to access information, advice, events, opportunities, and e-learning, to aid them in their career journeys. As a team, we work specifically to address the sector-wide and institutional factors and barriers that contribute to differences in progression amongst students from underrepresented backgrounds.
About the Role
The Project Assistant (King’s Experience) will be responsible for the administration of all co-curricular learning opportunities and schemes as part of the King’s Experience portfolio. These include awards programmes, opportunity funds and research fellowships. The role holder will work closely with the Project Coordinator to ensure all projects and programmes are delivered on time and to budget; and to oversee the day-to-day operational and administrative activities that underpin the project work. The role holder will also be expected to work closely with other members of the SCE team to ensure communications and attraction activities for projects and programmes are done in line with priority needs and gaps identified, and done with the student voice in mind.
This role would suit someone who enjoys keeping things going behind the scenes; and is an excellent opportunity for anyone looking to gain and develop their skills and experience in project management.
We encourage applications from candidates who have experience from both within and outside of the Higher Education sector where they can demonstrate the skills needed to succeed in this role.
This post will be offered on an indefinite contract
This is a full-time post, but we welcome applications from candidates seeking a flexible work pattern within our necessary service operating hours
- Creating and maintaining project management, operational planning, and budget monitoring systems and processes that support, enable, and compliment the work of the King’s Experience team and portfolio.
- Planning, scheduling and facilitating awards programmes, opportunities and fellowships for students.
- Keeping accurate records of all King’s Experience financial activities; and ensuring payments are processed to deadline and to budget.
- Proactively liaising with students and other internal partners, such as academic and Professional Services colleagues, to ensure projects’ needs are met.
- Maintaining the King’s Experience SharePoint site and KEATS pages.
- Creating and producing creative and innovative content and campaigns in consultation with the Careers Communications team, and sourcing content and case studies that demonstrate improved outcomes and enhanced employability.
The above list of responsibilities may not be exhaustive, and the post holder will be required to undertake such tasks and responsibilities as may reasonably be expected within the scope and grading of the post.
Skills, knowledge, and experience
1. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; ability to diversify communication style according to audience.
2. Excellent time management skills to manage projects effectively; ability to multitask, work well under pressure, and to work efficiently to meet strict deadlines and handle competing tasks and priorities.
3. Ability to work well in a team environment and willingness to support others.
4. Highly organised, with high levels of attention to detail.
5. The ability to show initiative and feel confident in pitching new ideas and in taking responsibility for projects.
6. Ability to work autonomously and without direct supervision to ensure projects are completed to deadline.
1. Highly proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook, Teams).
2. Creative use of social media and other digital communication platforms as promotional tools.
More searches like this
- Social Sciences Professional Services jobs in London (Greater)
- Social Sciences Estates & Facilities jobs in London (Greater)
- Social Sciences Finance & Procurement jobs in London (Greater)
- Social Sciences Fundraising, Development & Alumni jobs in London (Greater)
- Social Sciences Human Resources jobs in London (Greater)