Research Assistant, Finance/Economics and Policy
The Research Assistant will provide research and administrative support to Asst Professor Jolle Fong for ongoing funded projects related to financial literacy, financial education, and economic decision-making.
We are specifically looking for candidate(s) with an interdisciplinary interest in public policies and finance/economics, and with some experience in quantitative research methods. The successful candidate(s) should be proficient with statistical software such as Stata, and should have the ability to work independently with minimal supervision and a strong willingness to learn about new topics and tools. Excellent written and spoken English is essential. Familiarity with Singapore’s social policies on retirement and health is a plus.
The RA will have the opportunity to acquire critical research skills and domain knowledge, as well as benefit from exposure to intellectual exchange and networking with practitioners and senior scholars working at the cutting-edge of this topic. This job will allow the candidate access to specialized datasets, and provide excellent training for individuals who are seeking to develop a career in the fields of public policy or social science research.
This is a one-year contract with possibility of continued renewal.
The job scope includes:
- Assist with the administration and management of research projects, including correspondence with key stakeholders
- Conduct and write literature review on relevant topics
- Researching developments in relevant policy areas
- Clean, format and analyze research data
- Draft/contribute to research reports, policy briefs, and academic journal papers.
- Prepare presentation materials for meetings, conference, etc
- Undertake other duties as assigned
- Have a Bachelor/Masters degree in Economics, Finance or a closely-related field from a reputable university. Fresh graduates are welcomed.
- Possess some experience in preparing literature reviews, quantitative analysis, etc
- Demonstrate good organisational and analytical skills
- Have a strong command of the English language and be able to write in a clear manner, with a passion for grammar, detail and accuracy.
- Able to commit to at least 1 year of service
- Familiar with Singapore’s social policies is a plus
Please e-mail the following to email@example.com:
- Cover letter, with a brief statement of relevant research expertise
- Curriculum vitae (four-page max)
- Two writing samples (e.g. essays, written reports, short articles)
Your cover letter should include details such as your highest qualifications, last drawn salary (if applicable), expected salary, and country of citizenship. Please also state when you expect to be able to begin work, if this position is offered to you.
(We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.)