Research Associate/Research Fellow, Research on Successful Ageing
- Full Time | Contract
- Executive | Manager
- Bachelor Degree | Masters | PhD
- Singapore | Closing On 22 Dec 2021
Contract ending 30 June 2025
Singapore Management University is a place where high-level professionalism blends together with a healthy informality. The 'family-like' atmosphere among the SMU community fosters a culture where employees work, plan, organise and play together – building a strong collegiality and morale within the university.
Our commitment to attract and retain talent is ongoing. We offer attractive benefits and welfare, competitive compensation packages, and generous professional development opportunities – all to meet the work-life needs of our staff. No wonder, then, that SMU continues to be given numerous awards and recognition for its human resource excellence.
- This position is for Research on Successful Ageing (ROSA).
- Planning, Development and Management of Panel Methodological Research Agenda.
- Work closely with the Research Assistant (Statistics) for data cleaning, processing and publication of updated Singapore Life Panel (SLP) dataset conducted in STATA on a monthly basis.
- Improve quality of SLP dataset by way of construction of attrition weights, constructing new derived variables.
- Maintain familiarity with the latest developments in panel survey methodology.
- Perform ongoing analysis after each panel wave to monitor sample composition and attrition.
- Providing advice to researchers on the data that is available in the SLP and its proper treatment.
- Research and publications.
- Assist with data analysis, survey design and research support for academic studies.
- Preparation and dissemination of findings through the preparation of reports, journal articles, policy briefs, presentations for the ROSA website and outreach events (e.g. conferences, seminars, workshops).
- Publication of academic papers (Co-authoring alongside researchers in economics / sociology /psychology).
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the research team.
- External engagements.
- Handle requests for information from researchers and other interested parties related to the panel.
- Assist with the documentation of methodological practices for external audiences and stakeholders.
- Engage in outreach activities, including:
- (a) Organizing workshops, seminars, roundtables and conferences;
- (b) Community outreach programs;
- (c) International research collaborations;
- (d) Fundraising activities with private and government organisations.
- Depending on their abilities and preferences, this person also may represent the Centre externally, whether in the media, professional organizations, government or other forums.
- Minimally Degree/Masters required for Research Associate.
- Minimally PhD required for Research Fellow.
The Centre would have the discretion to emplace the selected candidate on the appropriate job level (with the corresponding job title) depending on his/her qualifications and experience.