Assistant/Assistant Professor for the Department of Social Education
DEAN OF THE FACULTY OF PEDAGOGY of Masaryk University in Brno announces, following Section 77 of Act No. 111/98 Coll., an open competition for the post of ASSISTANT PROFESSOR or ASSISTANT on the areas: personal social development and drama in education
Workplace: Department of Social Education
University/Faculty: Masaryk University/Faculty of Education
Level of employment: part-time (0.5), i.e. 20 h/week
Financial remuneration: 27 000 CZK – 30 100 CZK (for full time)
Position category: R1/R2
Start date: 1st February 2022
Number of open positions: 1
Closing date for applications: December 20, 2021
The Department of Social Education of the Faculty of Education, Masaryk University in Brno is one of the departments in the Czech Republic that focuses on combining approaches to social education and non-formal education within the study program Social and Free time Education. Graduates are prepared for educational and social-educational work with diverse and specific target groups (children, youth, adults, seniors) in the areas of primary, secondary, and tertiary prevention. Emphasis is placed on the self-experiential approach to learning, practice, implementation of own pedagogical and research projects. Within the announced specialization, the employee will have the opportunity to develop disciplines focused on the personal development of students using elements of drama in education, etc
The assistant or assistant professor will perform activities related to the pedagogical and professional side of the academic profession:
- Participates in the teaching of compulsory and possibly optional subjects focused on the areas: personal social development and drama in education (especially with the use of elements of improvisation, applied drama, games, etc.),
- Participates in leading and opposing final theses,
- Publishes in scientific journals,
- Participates in ensuring operational and administrative activities related to the agreed type of work according to the instructions of the head of the workplace,
- Develops the scientific field, carries out its own research investigations within its creative activities,
- Participates in the solution of grant projects,
- Prepares workshops, conferences, and events for students (including foreign ones),
- Actively participates in conferences and seminars, can be a member of the commission of state final examinations, and is also preparing to meet the conditions for the commencement of the habilitation procedure.
Professional education, qualifications and experience (required):
- Graduate of master's studies in the field of education, social education, or teaching of general education subjects,
- Started or completed studies in the doctoral study program pedagogy or social pedagogy,
- Potential for international professional / research activities (required list of foreign conferences, internships, participation in projects, etc.),
- Active knowledge of English (minimum level B2, level C1-C2 is preferred for teaching in English),
- Ability to teach in the Czech language (minimum level C1 or native speaker),
- Experience with teaching at universities, or practice in the field in selected subjects and areas (advantage),
- Internship at a primary school, secondary school or leisure center, etc. (advantage),
- Self-experiential training in experiential learning or psychotherapy focused on working with groups (advantage).
Additional knowledge and skills: (advantage)
- Experience with research activities in the fields of free time education, drama in education, personal and social development,
- Flexibility and willingness to participate in the development of quality undergraduate student training,
- Good organizational and communication skills, independence, responsibility, proactivity.
- eight weeks of vacation, flexible working hours, pension contribution,
- meals in MU canteens,
- possibility to use sports facilities in Brno,
- faculty children's centre PiDi Muňátka, events for employees and their families.
- Employment in a prestigious institution awarded the HR Excellence in Research Award,
- combining science with teaching activities,
- reconciling work and family life
- a well-equipped working environment (IT equipment in classrooms and offices, kitchens available to employees, cafeteria) in a well accessible location in Brno.
Education and development
- Career development and growth, the possibility of being assigned a mentor on entry,
- education, language and other courses provided by MU, use of MUNI libraries,
- possibility to take advantage of foreign stays and internships, participation in conferences.
HOW TO APPLY?
Apply via the online application link to November 20, 2021 and submit the required documents:
- Structured CV in PDF format (min. 1 A4)
- Motivation letter in PDF format (max. 1 A4)
- Copy of diploma from the highest level of education (without notarial certificate)
- A structured list of publications and professional activities (participation in conferences, research and others)
After the e-application deadline, you will receive information about the next steps.
Submitting the required documents when sending the e-application
In case of failure to provide the copies via the e-application, the applicant will be at most once asked to provide them by a specific date. If he/she fails to submit the materials by that date, he/she will not be admitted to the next round of the selection process, which is the interview.
Selection process and selection criteria
1. submission of all required documents in the e-application, 2. knowledge of the Czech language in both written and verbal form, 3. the candidate's profile compliance with the requirements for the position.
At that Faculty of Education, Masaryk University, we promote equal access; every applicant has a chance to get a job regardless of age, gender, social or other disadvantages. Selection procedures are conducted following the University Selection Procedure Regulations.
Information about the faculty
The Faculty of Education, recipient of the prestigious international HR Excellence in Research Award, is a faculty with a relevant research focus based on interdisciplinarity linking teaching, scientific research and social engagement in academia. It develops HR strategy, supports career development, reconciliation of work and personal life of employed persons and provides a diverse range of benefits.