Research Fellow, Wellcome-Wolfson Institute for Experimental Medicine
Application closing date 20/12/2021
Salary £34,304- £39,739 per annum pro rata
Job category/type Research
Part-time Research Fellow
The School of Medicine, Dentistry and Biomedical Sciences is currently seeking to appoint an exceptional candidate to the post of Part-time (0.5FTE) Research Fellow in Wellcome-Wolfson Inst. for Experimental Medicine.
The Scientific Advisory Committee of the UK Multiple Sclerosis (MS) Society Efficient Clinical Trials Platform has the overall aim of selecting and identifying potential treatment for progressive MS to enter the clinical trial.
The successful candidate will be an active member of the Scientific Advisory Committee and will assist the planning and delivery of the research activity within a specified area relating to horizon-scanning of potential therapeutics relevant to MS so that the overall research objectives of the Committee are met. The post will be based in the Wellcome-Wolfson Institute for Experimental Medicine under the supervision of Prof Denise Fitzgerald, the Scientific Lead of the Efficient Clinical Trials Platform and will be embedded within the local MS Research cluster.
The successful candidate must:
- Have or be about to obtain a PhD in Biomedical sciences, Molecular Biology, Pharmacology or a closely related subject.
- At least 3 years recent relevant biomedical research experience using preclinical experimental models
- Strong experience in various research methods (literature, database, and analytical)
- Basic bioinformatics skills, particularly in pathway analysis of large datasets
- Excellent skills in critical assessment of preclinical evidence
- Strong expertise of literature searching.
Fixed term contract posts are available for the stated period in the first instance but in particular circumstances may be renewed or made permanent subject to availability of funding.
Queen’s University is committed to promoting equality of opportunity to all. We have created an inclusive culture by establishing various staff networks such as iRise and PRISM which help us to progress equality. We also subscribe to Equality Charter Marks such as Stonewall Workplace Equality Index and Diversity Charter Mark NI in addition to Athena SWAN award for women in science.
For further information on our commitment to Equality,
Informal enquires may be directed to Dr Alerie Guzman de la Fuente – firstname.lastname@example.org