Strategic Project Manager
Applicants must provide evidence of their right to work in the UK as BPP is unable to provide visa sponsorship
Job Profile Project Management Office - Project Management
Contract Type Permanent
Work across all areas of the business to identify, manage and deliver projects to effectively support major change in order for the business to achieve its strategy, vision and operational priorities.
May be required anywhere in the UK for periods of up to 1 week in duration.
- Methodically investigate, analyse and document business initiatives to ensure they align and support the delivery of group strategies.
- Working across the group to define and drive delivery of joined up solutions/initiatives that are aligned to group initiatives/ strategies.
- Develop future road maps for initiatives that support the delivery of solutions/initiatives.
- Identification of the financial or service benefits that will accrue once the change is implemented.
- Responsible for influencing and maintaining strong relationships with senior stakeholders across the Group.
- Deliver and implement Project Change approach plan and strategy.
- Pro-actively seek-out, analyse, model and specify return on investment for programmes and / or projects.
- Guide management towards accepting viable solutions which involve changes to working conditions and practices, showing understanding, imagination and creativity.
- Manage programmes/ projects according to the standards and expectations of the PMO.
- Manage assigned resources as appropriate to the implementation of programme/ project related activities.
- Assist and support stakeholders by providing and maintaining accurate and timely documentation (ie; project plans and reporting) to ensure successful communication and delivery of assigned projects/ programmes.
Vacancy location UK, North West, Manchester St James's
- Qualifications – Appropriate and relevant education and work experience related to project management alongside relevant project management qualifications such as PRINCE2 or APM.
- Experience – Project Management experience essential, Programme Management experience is desirable. Demonstrable project management skills and experience, including the successful application of project management methods, techniques, and tools for the effective management of projects through to the successful achievement of planned benefits.
- Skills – Organised, methodical, with a very good attention to detail. Familiarity with methodologies and project tools such as Agile, Waterfall, PRINCE 2, PMI and Microsoft Project.
- Personal Development – Must take initiative to ensure skills and specialisations are acquired to ensure that all relevant skill sets are continually developed.
Contract Hours 37.50