Research Assistant in Addiction Sciences
We are looking for an enthusiastic Research Assistant for an exciting project that seeks to better understand (1) exposure to public health messaging around e-cigarettes in England, Canada and the US; (2) content of online e-cigarette marketing among retailers in the UK and; (3) the appeal and harm perceptions of e-cigarette packaging, including the potential impact of standardised packaging of e-cigarettes. This project is a joint collaboration between King’s College London and the University of Waterloo (Canada) and funded by Cancer Research UK (CRUK).
The postholder will support the Principal Investigator, Co-Investigators and Post-doctoral Researcher in the delivery of the programme of work. This include analysis of qualitative and quantitative data. The postholder will also be actively involved in disseminating research findings.
This post will be offered on an a fixed-term contract for 12 months.
This is a full-time post, but part-time will also be considered.
- Support the Principal Investigator, Co-Investigators and Post-doctoral Researcher in the delivery of the programme of work
- Assist with conducting a content analysis of online e-cigarette retail websites
- Assist with conducting a content analysis of e-cigarette packaging
- Assist with running Patient and Public Involvement (PPI) sessions
- Assist with drafting scientific manuscripts for academic publication
- Assist in analysing quantitative and qualitative data
The above list of responsibilities may not be exhaustive, and the post holder will be required to undertake such tasks and responsibilities as may reasonably be expected within the scope and grading of the post.
Skills, knowledge, and experience
1. Bachelors degree in psychology, health data science, or health-related subject
2. Experience working with quantitative data analysis
3. Experience with conducting literature searches and reviews
4. Ability to work effectively on multiple tasks/deliverables
5. Ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of a team
6. Ability to work under tight deadlines
7. Pro-active and willing to take initiative with tasks at hand
1. Hold, or close to completion of, a relevant Master's degree
2. Experience within the field of adolescent health psychology
3. Experience with drafting scientific reports and manuscripts for publication
4. Experience with conducting content analyses