Research Associate (m/f/x)
At TU Dresden, Faculty of Psychology, Institute of Clinical Psychology and Psychotherapy, the Chair of Clinical Psychology and Behavioural Neuroscience is offering a position as
Research Associate (m/f/x)
(Subject to personal qualification employees are remunerated according to salary group E 13 TV-L)
starting at the next possible date. The position entails 65% of the full-time weekly hours and is fixed-term for 2 years. The period of employment is governed by the Fixed Term Research Contracts Act (Wissenschaftszeitvertragsgesetz – WissZeitVG). The position offers the chance to obtain further academic qualification.
The position is part of a DFG-funded cooperation project between the Evangelische Hochschule Dresden (Chair of Developmental and Educational Psychology) and the TU Dresden (Chair of Clinical Psychology and Behavioural Neuroscience).
The experience and regulation of emotions are essential for the quality and stability of partnerships, which in turn are significant for the well-being and health of both partners. Lifespan theories suggest gains in emotional experience and regulation of emotions for later adulthood, but at the same time point to a stronger context and resource dependence. In order to draw conclusions about the prevalence of interpersonal emotion regulation, its sources and correlates, and its medium- and long-term consequences, controlled experimental laboratory testing and experience-sampling methods close to everyday life, are combined. The project is therefore located at the interface between basic research in developmental and emotional psychology.
• Project coordination and implementation
• Supervision of student assistants with the project
• Data evaluation
• Doctorate within the project with own research idea
• Writing of scientific publications
• Presentation of the project results at national and international conferences.
• excellent university degree (M.Sc., Diploma) in psychology or related disciplines
• a strong interest in developmental and emotional psychological issues
• good knowledge of research methodology and statistics, especially with regard to the evaluation of complex data, or high motivation to learn
• good knowledge and experience in working with statistical software (especially R, Mplus), or high motivation to learn
• knowledge or willingness to learn at least one programming language (e.g. MATLAB)
• very good organisation, communication and teamwork skills
• very good knowledge in English.
• close supervision and support of the candidate's own scientific ideas during the doctoral process
• excellent national and international networking
• a supporting, interdisciplinary team.
For further questions, please contact Prof. Dr. Philipp Kanske (email@example.com).
Applications from women are particularly welcome. The same applies to people with disabilities.
Please submit your comprehensive application including the usual documents by December 14, 2021 (stamped arrival date of the university central mail service applies) preferably via the TU Dresden SecureMail Portal https://securemail.tu-dresden.de by sending it as a single pdf-document to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to: TU Dresden, Fakultät Psychologie, Institut für Klinische Psychologie und Psychotherapie, Professur für Klinische Psychologie und Behaviorale Neurowissenschaft, Herrn Prof. Dr. Philipp Kanske, Helmholtzstr. 10, 01069 Dresden. Please submit copies only, as your application will not be returned to you. Expenses incurred in attending interviews cannot be reimbursed.
Reference to data protection: Your data protection rights, the purpose for which your data will be processed, as well as further information about data protection is available to you on the website: https: //tu-dresden.de/karriere/datenschutzhinweis