Deputy Dean, Director of Education, Research and Development Institute, ERDI, IFB
Deputy Dean, Director of Education, Research and Development Institute，School of Intelligent Finance and Business
Xi’an Jiaotong-Liverpool University Entrepreneur College (Taicang)
15th November 2021
43353–55358RMB/Month depends on qualifications and experience.
14th January 2022
Full-Time for an initial 3 years, renewable.
ACADEMIC DISCIPLINE: Supply chain management(quantitative preferred), operation management, information system management, management science, finance(fintech preferred), accounting, business analytics, digital marketing, and strategic management.
School of Intelligent Finance and Business OVERVIEW:
The School of Intellignet Finance and Business is one of 7 industry-themed Schools in the XJTLU Entrepreneur College (Taicang campus), and there is the capacity to grow further within the college to a total of 10 schools. Common to each School is an Education, Research and Development Institute (“ERDI”) for teaching and university-business research collaboration, a professional services centre supporting daily activities of students, staff, and business partners, and a School Affiliated Company, which has been jointly established by XJTLU and the School’s industry partner for practical on-the-job learning and teaching. The governance and management of the School is through a School Council. The Dean of School oversees the School Management Team as well as contributing to the leadership of the Taicang campus.
The first degree programme that the School has launched for the Academic Year 2019/2020 is BSc Intelligent Supply Chain Management.
The Deputy Dean, Director of ERDI is a member of the School Management Team. The School Management Team is led by the Dean of School and comprised of the Deputy Dean/Director of ERDI, the CEO of School JV Company, and the Director of School Office. The main duties of include:
- Work collaboratively with the Dean of School to:
- Design, implement, and provide ongoing monitoring of the School’s teaching and learning, research, industry partnerships, engagement, and innovation strategies.
- Promote, manage and contribute to the delivery of an effective programme of continuous development for academic members of staff to ensure they are equipped and supported to deliver high quality teaching and student experience.
- Lead and manage the School’s business engagement initiatives with a view to building an extensive portfolio of potential industry collaborative partnerships.
- Create, nurture, and support a healthy research environment, with agreed annual research outcomes and expectations.
- Identify and implement strategies to maximise grant capture and research income, from both external funding bodies and business/industry.
- Work collaboratively with Programme Director(s), academic members of staff, and School Office to:
- Promote, manage and contribute to the delivery and development of appropriate undergraduate and postgraduate degree programmes to the required standards expected by the ministry, university academic regulatory framework, and where necessary, appropriate professional, statutory and regulatory bodies.
- Ensure that the school and curriculum design delivers an inclusive, enriching, and enabling learning experience, as evidenced through student satisfaction, personal development and positive degree outcomes, and to work with industry partners to achieve this.
- Work collaboratively with relevant School(s), College and University entities to identify opportunities for meaningful and genuine partnership and successful impact-creation for research.
- Manage investment funds which have been agreed by the Dean of School, Associate Principal, Principal or XJTLU Dean for Research, for Research and Innovation.
- Represent the Dean of School when necessary, within the College, University and externally as appropriate.
- Any other appropriate tasks assigned by the Dean of School.
- Any other appropriate tasks assigned by the University SMT, School Council or Taicang Leadership Team through the Dean of School.
This role will attract academic leaders embodying Syntegrative Education (SE) values and are passionate in engaging in a future-focused co-learning ecosystem comprising students, academics, practitioners, university, industry, and community. The Deputy Dean, Director of ERDI is a leader who thrives by creating impact through managing, nurturing, and enabling authentic engagement, cross-boundary collaboration, collective learning and discovery programmes and activities. The candidate adopts a system mindset, understands transdisciplinarity and complexity, uses his/her knowledge, skills, and experiences to deliver success and create impact for the School, College and University.
- Candidates must hold a doctoral (normally PhD) degree in supply chain management, operation management, information system management, management science, finance, fintech, accounting, business analytics, or digital marketing from a world-renowned university, or able to demonstrate an equivalent professional practice and engagement to a similar level.
- Clear understanding of the philosophy and concept of Syntegrative Education (SE) and demonstrable past teaching/industry/leadership experiences or practices aligned with Syntegrative Education (SE).
- Candidates shall become familiar with and observe China and United Kingdom’s rules, and regulations of higher education.
- Candidates shall have excellent leadership and management experience, and ability to motivate and inspire teams.
- Candidates shall demonstrate excellent organisational and implementation skills, evidenced by important activities, events, projects in the past career.
- Candidates must have a national/international reputation and demonstrate impacts in any of the academic fields relevant to the School.
- Candidates shall have rich experience in teaching, research, academic leadership, innovation and entrepreneurship, strategic planning and financial management in a university and/or business environment.
- Candidates are expected to have a good sense of business and industry trend, and can demonstrate a good track record of industry engagement in various forms.
- Candidates must have a high level of communicative competence in English; an equivalent knowledge of Chinese would be an advantage.
- Candidates with administration and management experience in international universities or Sino-foreign joint universities would be an advantage.
- Some experience of working in a relevant industry would be an advantage.
Members of Academic Staff are entitled to subsidies for accommodation, travel, and children’s educational, medical insurance, and a one-time relocation allowance is provided. Overseas staff may receive a tax “holiday,” depending on nationality and personal circumstances.
CITIZENSHIP AND VISA REGULATIONS:
Employment at Xi’an Jiaotong-Liverpool University is regulated by Chinese Labour Laws and must comply with the regulations of the provincial government. These regulations stipulate who is eligible for legal employment with regard to obtaining work permits and visas. Please be advised candidates over 65 may be not eligible for PRC work visa.
Please submit your applications online
Applications must be submitted in a single PDF file that includes the following parts in the order of:
- An extended cover letter consisting of;
- point-by-point address of your qualifications and suitability for the role using the selection criteria above
- your vision for the school in the short, medium and long term (one-page maximum)
- A current CV, including date of birth, country of citizenship, current location, and highest degree level;
- Contact details for three references (Preferably one reference from current or most recent employer).
For further information, please contact the Dean of the School by email email@example.com
If you are unable to apply on-line please contact the Human Resource Office through our HR Business Partner, Ms Yiting Xu at Yiting.Xu@xjtlu.edu.cn
Applications should be received by the closing date stated above.