Research Fellow, Anatomy
Roles & Responsibilities
The National University of Singapore invites applications for the post of Post-Doctoral Research Fellow in the Department of Anatomy, Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine. The Department has a strong Health and Biomedical Sciences research program, including cancer research. Appointments will be made on a one-year contract basis, with a possibility of extension subject to satisfactory performance.
Purpose of the post
The appointee will be a post-doctoral research fellow who will be responsible for performing multi-disciplinary research in glyco-oncology and medicinal chemistry, with a focus on glycosaminoglycans and proteoglycans in cancer biology.
Main duties and responsibilities
We are looking for an enthusiastic, independent and highly motivated candidate with relevant experience. He/she will be involved in developing a multi-disciplinary project and is expected to be well-versed in medicinal chemistry, cell and molecular biology techniques and data analysis.
The applicant should have:
- A PhD degree in medicinal chemistry, cancer biology or related fields
- A proven track record of chemical synthesis and analysis of glycosaminoglycans/proteoglycans
- Expertise in performing experiments that involve cell and molecular biology techniques and analyses
- The ability to work both independently and as a team member in an exciting research environment
- Excellent organisational, interpersonal and communication skills
Remuneration will be commensurate with the candidate’s qualifications and experience.
Please submit your application, indicating current/expected salary, supported by 1. a detailed CV (including personal particulars, academic and employment history, transcripts, complete list of publications/oral presentations and full contacts of 3 referees) and 2. Cover letter.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.