Research Fellow, Behavioural and Implementation Science Interventions
The Centre for Behavioural and Implementation Science Interventions (BISI) is a new centre that aims to improve population health and well-being by accelerating evidence-based practice through the use of behavioural and implementation science.
The successful candidate is expected to provide assistance to the Faculty in i) delivering the research projects that the Centre’s research strategy has identified as key priorities, ii) contribute to the writing and applications for competitive grants, iii) leading/mentoring junior researchers within a collaborative research team, and iv) deliver teaching in behavioural and implementation sciences in both undergraduate and post-graduate settings.
Candidates with experience in the following areas are encouraged to apply:
- Implementation Science
- Behavioural or Social Science applied to health and healthcare
- Programme Evaluation
- Health Services or Applied Health Research
- Improvement Science
Undertake a variety of research-related activities including but not limited to:
- Design, planning and execution of research projects with behavioural and implementation science components;
- Analysis and interpretation of research data;
- Writing of research reports, peer-reviewed publications and grant applications;
- Dissemination of research proposals and findings through presentations internally and externally at scientific meetings and conferences;
- Working closely with the team leads, collaborators and cross-disciplinary researchers and support staff;
- Mentoring junior research staff and students.
The role is primarily a research-orientated one, however the post-holder will be expected to deliver teaching in areas of their expertise within the Centre’s teaching curriculum in behavioural and implementation sciences.
- A PhD in a relevant discipline;
- Experienced in leading independent research studies;
- Track record of publishing in peer-reviewed journals commensurate with career stage;
- Track record of publications/presentations in international or national scientific conferences.
- Experienced with a variety of qualitative or mixed methods for study design, data management, analysis and reporting;
- Experience in teaching;
- Experience in qualitative research software (eg NVivo)
- Experience in contributing to research grant proposals will be advantageous
Skills & Abilities
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with a proven ability to work collaboratively as part of an interdisciplinary team;
- Excellent in writing and presentation skills;
- Excellent project management skills;
- Ability to perform text analytics;
- Ability to work in multidisciplinary teams;
- Ability to work with culturally diverse populations
- Ability to mentor junior research staff and students.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine
Department : Dean's Office (Medicine)
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID : 6961