Marketing Assistant (Portfolio Marketing Campaigns)
This is an opportunity to join a small and dynamic team within the Brand & Marketing Department, known as SWAT (Support Work across the Team). We are a lean group formed to undertake tasks that, whilst critical to the work of the Portfolio Marketing Campaigns team, do not require marketing expertise and experience.
The Marketing Assistant will support the Faculty-based Portfolio Marketing team in achieving their objectives to increase the volume of applications from high achieving students across King’s portfolio of courses, and convince offer holders to accept their offer and enrol. For this role, this is achieved through administering marketing activities to help achieve outcomes that advance the university's student recruitment and brand strategy.
This includes video editing and captions, events set up and administration (required to run online events, invite prospective students and log their attendance etc), web page updates to ensure consistency and a variety of other tasks.
Brand & Marketing is a large vibrant department. If you enjoy variety and working in a fast-paced environment then this could be the role for you.
This post will be offered on an indefinite contract.
This is a full-time post.
• Under the supervision of the relevant Portfolio Marketing lead, provide assistance with marketing activities and projects, helping to ensure that they are delivered to a high standard, on time and within budget.
• Where relevant, assist with the curation of content for on and off-line marketing assets to support King’s student recruitment activities.
• Work flexibly with the line manager to prioritise requests for support from the faculty-based Portfolio Marketing team.
• In conjunction with the line manager, build relationships with internal and external stakeholders to assist with the delivery of marketing activities and initiatives.
• Monitor relevant inboxes and enquiries as may be required, responding to queries and escalating complex enquiries to the relevant member of staff;
• Receive guidance and support from line management in order to carry out duties effectively, including where appropriate a range of internal and external training opportunities.
• Work effectively as part of a dynamic team.
• Work within the department on a range of team building and learning exercises, general university marketing activities and team meetings.
• Support the department on additional key activities as required, such as open days, UCAS fairs, open evenings, taster days and other ad-hoc recruitment events.
• Develop an awareness of data protection/confidentiality and an understanding of the importance of handling certain information with discretion and care.
• General administrative duties such as the organisation of Portfolio Marketing team meetings and away days, meeting and greeting visitors and preparing rooms for meetings, workshops and interviews.
• Other duties as specified by the Director or Deputy Directors of Brand & Marketing.
• Daily responsibilities may include:
o Assisting with the planning and delivery of online and on-campus events for the Portfolio Marketing team.
o Responding to enquiries via the contact centre, email or social media platforms as required.
o Supporting the recruitment, organisation and administration of student ambassadors for the Portfolio Marketing team.
o Contributing to content production for the Portfolio Marketing team.
o Updating web pages with copy and content as required.
The above list of responsibilities may not be exhaustive, and the post holder will be required to undertake such tasks and responsibilities as may reasonably be expected within the scope and grading of the post.
Skills, knowledge, and experience
1. Prioritising and Organising: the ability to co-ordinate resources and activities appropriately, taking into account competing demands across multiple projects; this includes personal time management and the management of stakeholder expectations
2. Proven ability to communicate clearly and effectively orally, by e-mail and in writing with colleagues, external enquirers and institutions in a manner sensitive to diverse backgrounds
3. Strong IT and general office administrative skills
4. Strong proofreading skills with excellent grammar and spelling
5. Drive for Excellence: Works to a high personal standard to achieve both their own and team objectives; will look for solutions when things are not running smoothly and knows when to seek support or ‘delegate upwards’
6. Resilience and Adaptability: Manages on-going pressure over time, responding flexibly to change or conflicting priorities; maintains a professional approach and stays focused on solutions when faced with work challenges or tight deadlines
7. Breaking down Boundaries: Cooperates with others within the team, the department and the faculty; does their share of the work and helps out others when requested; proactively seeks to learn from others and willingly shares information
8. Influence and Relationship Building: Seeks to influence by tailoring the message and approach to address the concerns of the other party; recognises the importance of considering other perspectives and listens to others attentively
9. Interest in, and enthusiasm for, brand and marketing