Senior Research Scientist, Cancer Science Institute
Are you a biomedical researcher motivated to pursue an outstanding career in cancer research?
Cancer will affect more than 1 in 3 Singaporeans. At the Cancer Science Institute (CSI), our mission is to be at the global forefront of research to overcome this scourge. Our innovative international faculty, cutting-edge facilities, supportive working environment and competitive package together enable each of our staff to realize their maximum potential.
We now seek a Senior Research Scientist to join the team of our new Director, Prof. Ashok Venkitaraman, who has recently joined us from the University of Cambridge (see https://www.csi.nus.edu.sg/web/ashok-venkitaraman/ ). This is an exciting opportunity to work closely with a world-leading cancer researcher to undertake pioneering research on the role of genome instability in human carcinogenesis (eg., see Venkitaraman Science (2014) PMID:24675954 and Venkitaraman DNA Repair (2019) PMID:31337537).
ESSENTIAL qualifications include:
- a PhD with 3 years’ relevant post-doctoral experience,
- strong track record of research achievement evidenced by high-quality publications in a relevant field,
- high-level experience in hands-on use of a wide range of relevant research methods,
- skills in working independently and creatively to solve experimental problems and effective communication and presentation skills, with experience in communicating scientific work including scientific papers, presentations and reports.
Preference will be given to candidates with:
- Previous experience in computational approaches to the analysis of (epi)genomic, transcriptomic or proteomic alterations in cancer or other diseases;
- Familiarity with the development of phenotypic assays for genetic or chemical screening, involving the use of flow cytometry, high-throughput high-content microscopy, and/or advanced fluorescence microscopy, or
- Previous experience with genetically engineered murine models.
Please submit applications including
- a covering letter that explains why you are suited to this post,
- a detailed CV, and the contact details of 3 professional referees including your last position to:
Cancer Science Institute of Singapore
National University of Singapore Centre for Translational Medicine,
14 Medical Drive, #12-01,